Nvidia Driver 364,72 Causing Issues

SO In A recent post of mine I was trying to find out why my Precision X16 was acting up as shown in the pictures and why geforce experience was doing the same. So I was gaming with an overclock profile and my screen went full green and the game crashed, went to Precision X and I saw the dials and numbers were messed up, reinstalled Precision X16 and it still came out blank like in the pics. also noticed Geforce Experience was acting up saying my gpu could not optimize games, even a restart of my PC didn't fix these issues, so I reinstalled my graphics drivers and it went back to normal, but I tried overclocking again, and repeat story above. WORST OF ALL was that the fan profile was gone, the fans wouldn't turn on at all... even at high temps! AND for some reason the gpu wasn't even sending a temp reading to Speccy and my AIO Cooled cpu was reaching 55c from the ambient heat from the gpu (its placed as an exhaust)!!

Has anyone else had these issues with the latest Nvidia Driver 364.72 because this scared the crap out of me!

I'd say re-install the Nvidia drivers to the latest stable release.

Then uninstall the EVGA software and get MSI Afterburner. I've been using it for a while, and it seems to be the best for overclocking to the majority. And on top of that, it works.

Spoiler

You are using a crappy driver - almost all of Nvidia's 2016 drivers are trash

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Starting to agree with you all... but I still like nvidia cards, sorry Jeezy XD.

1 minute ago, Ryan Kazzy said:

Starting to agree with you all... but I still like nvidia cards, sorry Jeezy XD.

Go back to the drivers from May 2015 - everything after that is from bad to worse

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

4 hours ago, Ryan Kazzy said:

Has anyone else had these issues with the latest Nvidia Driver 364.72 because this scared the crap out of me!

Simply put, 364.xx are bad drivers. Like, REALLY bad drivers.

1. 364.51, for example, was released as a Beta driver, but was renamed WHQL just a single day later!
  2. 364.72 also had loads of people reporting issues.
  3. 364.96 was a "hotfix" that only adds Doom Beta support, nothing else. And while irrelevant for gaming, those drivers also completely broke OpenCL for Maxwell.

As said, downgrading is advised. Try 362.00, that's what I'm using, and it's been working just fine.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

@Imakuni thanks for the specific driver, there have been a few drivers so I was looking at which one to go back to, hopefully things will return to normal soon :(