Logitech G602 Point-Form Review

CwGoh

Positives

1. Incomparable battery life. (especially with Sanyo Eneloops)
  2. Good rugged materials brought by Logitech's "Science wins" concept.
  3. 8 Easy, accessible programmable buttons that feel great (comparing with the squishy G700s ones.)
  4. Great shape for palming with middle-ish hands. (I have large hands for Asians, so I guess average for others?)
  5. Excellent Logitech Gaming Software.
  6. Programmable on-board profiles.
  7. Rigid build. No squeaking whatsoever.

Negatives:

1. Only 2500 DPI. Might not matter so some though.
  2. Only 500 hertz polling rate. I do notice the lag for gaming.

Overall, great ergonomics, and build, but the 500 Hz pooling rate really does effect the gaming experience in hardcore games. If you're doing less intensive games, or, like me, using it as a portable mouse, it is perfect.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Should be in this sub forum https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/25-member-reviews/, Maybe Pictures?

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Been using it for the past 3-4 days. It's a solid mouse. The difference is imperceptible for me compared to a wired mouse (Logitech G600 and Steelseries Sensei).

I always wondered how much of a difference there is with the wired/wireless, high/low polling.  Does the scroll wheel have a rocker?

My Rigs (past and present)

yeah I use high sensitivity also..and I love my G600.

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

This looks like my next mouse probably, i dont mind the 2500 DPI, and I love the shape and build of it, as well as the fact that its wireless. :)

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Its a hard decision whether to get this mouse or the g600, they are both awesome

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

• 5 months later...

Massive necro I know, but it's pretty hard finding any info on IRL battery life for this mouse, so I wanted to add my experience after 3 months of use. Hopefully some others can share also. 

I got it on xmas eve. Using the two duracell AA batteries, using a mix of performance mode and endurance mode for easily 8+ hours a day and turning it off [most] nights, it worked for exactly one month at which point it said low battery and I changed them (Jan 24th). Now, on the 21st of March I have had to change the batteries again.I have had it in only endurance mode, I have not noticed any performance loss, and it has been used for the same amount of time each day (as the first month) without being turned off when not in use. It ran till it died and there was precisely zero change in perceivable performance up until the final second. 

I think the 1440 hours is a little BS in a real world scenario. It's not impossible, but it's not likely from what I've seen. However, this mouse still has insane battery life, and for the price it is a very, very solid product  (there are a million review stating this).

Massive necro I know, but it's pretty hard finding any info on IRL battery life for this mouse, so I wanted to add my experience after 3 months of use. Hopefully some others can share also. 

I got it on xmas eve. Using the two duracell AA batteries, using a mix of performance mode and endurance mode for easily 8+ hours a day and turning it off [most] nights, it worked for exactly one month at which point it said low battery and I changed them (Jan 24th). Now, on the 21st of March I have had to change the batteries again.I have had it in only endurance mode, I have not noticed any performance loss, and it has been used for the same amount of time each day (as the first month) without being turned off when not in use. It ran till it died and there was precisely zero change in perceivable performance up until the final second. 

I think the 1440 hours is a little BS in a real world scenario. It's not impossible, but it's not likely from what I've seen. However, this mouse still has insane battery life, and for the price it is a very, very solid product  (there are a million review stating this).

I don't know where you heard 1440 hours of use time, I heard 250 on performance mode and I'm already past that with 10+hours of usage a day on performance mode.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

if i was after a wireless mouse it would be purely for work because there is no way i a going to game with something that requires batteries and has that much input lag. The battery life on this mouse looks amazing and the ergonomics look nice to. If i ever get one it might just be my choice over what has been my go to for years(I have been using a variation of this mouse for so long i cant even remember) The whole DPI thing isnt even an issue for me because i just 400

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

I don't know where you heard 1440 hours of use time, I heard 250 on performance mode and I'm already past that with 10+hours of usage a day on performance mode.

It's pointed out in the Linus unboxing/review. It's not something that's highly advertised which surprises me, most companies would poster it everywhere with an asterisk next to it saying "in endurance mode". It hits 1000+ hours easy in endurance mode though.