Thoughts on the X79 Deluxe

Opinions on the OS as well the Upgrade-abilty  ? I scored 1 just recently and I am looking forward to getting it up and running . I have a Lower end Board and This would be A MAJOR improvement , TO ME ! Just needing a little feed back outside the videos I have already watched ! 

The motherboard does not host the OS. Instead, the storage which is usually a hard drive or SSD stores the OS. The upgradability should be the same with any LGA 1155 motherboard as it uses the same socket except for the fact that its a z series meaning it supports higher frequency ram and is able to overclock k series intel cpus.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

The motherboard does not host the OS. Instead, the storage which is usually a hard drive or SSD stores the OS. The upgradability should be the same with any LGA 1155 motherboard as it uses the same socket except for the fact that its a z series meaning it supports higher frequency ram and is able to overclock k series intel cpus.

uhh... x79 deluxe...

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

3 minutes ago, themctipers said:

You might need a new window key if you switching motherboard also it x79 not z170 .... 

Also your signature background gives me aids .. but why do you have black background lol. 

Magical Pineapples

Thank you ! So my OS IS my Win10 , Right ? And the Overclock will give me a Higher frame rate ? 

1 minute ago, RustyBaked said:

Thank you ! So my OS IS my Win10 , Right ? And the Overclock will give me a Higher frame rate ? 

Depends on your gpu and game, but it certainly will never HURT.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Yes its a X79 DELUXE With chipset installed  , I just opted in to the forum and I am a NOOB ? 

Predisessor to the X99 ? The box and board has it written ALL OVER IT , ? I am just learning . I pick up REALLY QUICK !!! I am looking forward to getting into the Gaming world ! I have a recessed gene that has been into Construction  for quiet sum time and i have found myself with TOO much time on my hands so I am dabbling into something I have avoided like a plague and am ready to redeem Myself !

21 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

uhh... x79 deluxe...

Sorry thinking of the wrong one 

its 11:34pm for me 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

11 hours ago, RustyBaked said:

Opinions on the OS as well the Upgrade-abilty  ? I scored 1 just recently and I am looking forward to getting it up and running . I have a Lower end Board and This would be A MAJOR improvement , TO ME ! Just needing a little feed back outside the videos I have already watched ! 

If you are looking to see if the bord has upgradibility then you can put almost any socket 2011 cpu in it such as the 3930k, or 4960x, if your motherboard supports it an e5 26xx xeon, with possibly ecc memory, the e5-2670 go for about $70USD on ebay, and 64Gb ram max.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

I have since done a little more research into the board and found that it has the DDR3 and was wondering if it was capable of  running the DDR4 Ram ? However , I am soo glad that I now can get away from my CAD system once build is complete . The idea of using my CAD system to run Every day plus gaming venues is a little disturbing to me . I have JUST begun to learn of the Newer board system`s and have little funds to work from . I have Scored sum Amazing Components as of late and I am gaining an interest in the Build MOD`s . Thank you and ALL coments on this matter !!! Have a GOOD DAY !!!!

45 minutes ago, RustyBaked said:

I have since done a little more research into the board and found that it has the DDR3 and was wondering if it was capable of  running the DDR4 Ram ? However , I am soo glad that I now can get away from my CAD system once build is complete . The idea of using my CAD system to run Every day plus gaming venues is a little disturbing to me . I have JUST begun to learn of the Newer board system`s and have little funds to work from . I have Scored sum Amazing Components as of late and I am gaining an interest in the Build MOD`s . Thank you and ALL coments on this matter !!! Have a GOOD DAY !!!!

No ddr4 wont be compatible, but other then the slightly lower voltage, there is almost no significant advantages of ddr4 over ddr3.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Thanks ! REALLY ! THANKS ! I was fixing to make a purchase ? THANK YOU !!!

There are 2 version of the X79 Deluxe. The P9X79 Deluxe which is the older one and the newer X79 Deluxe. P9X79 Deluxe has a Blue color scheme and the new one has a gold color scheme along with wifi and bluetooth. It was one of last X79 boards that Asus made, where they gather all of their tweaks and enhancements they've found, during the life of the X79 and put it all into that X79 Deluxe. Basically the last hurrah on what the X79 can bring, right before it gets replaced by the X99.  The other very last X79 from them, is the Rampage IV Black Edition. All of LTT's editing stations uses the X79 Deluxe.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list