Quiet yet Powerful Case fans

Marcus Kemp

I am in need of a mix of 3 120mm and 4 140mm case fans for my system and was wondering what to get. Also please don't just say noctua or corsair, one that is way too vague and 2 there over 20 or so different models that they both make. Either way please give descriptive suggestions thanks.

1 minute ago, Marcus Kemp said:

I am in need of a mix of 3 120mm and 4 140mm case fans for my system and was wondering what to get. Also please don't just say noctua or corsair, one that is way too vague and 2 there over 20 or so different models that they both make. Either way please give descriptive suggestions thanks.

after I tried noctuas I will not turn back didnt believe the hype.

what do you need for SP/AF, pwm, silent, voltage regulated? 

2 minutes ago, Marcus Kemp said:

What application are they going to be used in a heatsink, radiator, front intake or exhaust?

For pressure fans in terms of the best Noctua is pretty much up there with the NF-F12 and NF-A14. 

-Moved to Air cooling Section-

Just now, Schony125 said:

after I tried noctuas I will not turn back didnt believe the hype.

what do you need for SP/AF, pwm, silent, voltage regulated? 

the 120mm fans will be going on a 360mm rad whereas the 140s will be on the case itself. 

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

What application are they going to be used in a heatsink, radiator, front intake or exhaust?

For pressure fans in terms of the best Noctua is pretty much up there with the NF-F12 and NF-A14. 

-Moved to Air cooling Section-

3 will be on a rad top of the case going out. 1 will be intake from the back 3 intake from the front

2 minutes ago, Marcus Kemp said:

the 120mm fans will be going on a 360mm rad whereas the 140s will be on the case itself. 

as W-L said for rad 120 go for NF-F12 http://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-f12-pwm

140 will be NF-A14 the pwm has of course pulse width mod

the FLX has 3 resistors I believe to vary the speed

and                          the ULN has very high impedance resistance to get very low rpm and noise 

1 minute ago, Marcus Kemp said:

3 will be on a rad top of the case going out. 1 will be intake from the back 3 intake from the front

Yeah the NF-F12 or NF-A14 will be good for the rads, in terms of intakes if there are drive cages or very fine fan filters pressure fans are a good option for those too. In terms of air fans for Noctua the NF-A14 does double duty and great for ether application where the NF-S12 is the best for straight airflow or volume. 

Some other good options for fans are EK's vardar and Fractal Design's venturi's.