Hello guys! 

I currently own an i7-5820k on an ASUS X99-A Motherboard, i was wondering what the "safe" temps for my CPU?

The CPU is watercooled with an AIO which is the CM Nepton 240M (NO OC)

My temps are about 40C idle and 60-70 load, i would like to know what i can do what to decrease the temps. (With the Silent configuration in AI Suite)

15 minutes ago, SilasRasch said:

Hello guys! 

I currently own an i7-5820k on an ASUS X99-A Motherboard, i was wondering what the "safe" temps for my CPU?

The CPU is watercooled with an AIO which is the CM Nepton 240M (NO OC)

My temps are about 40C idle and 60-70 load, i would like to know what i can do what to decrease the temps. (With the Silent configuration in AI Suite)

go ln2.

setup a fan curve.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/core-i7-lga2011-3-datasheet-vol-1.html

Page 52, damage begins at 125c. I would say anything above 90 and you quickly start degrading the life of your processor. A lot of motherboards allow you to specify a "max" at which it will shutdown the computer as a fail-safe.

I'd say expect a 20 degree Celsius rise from ambient temperature. 

16 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

What is the colour of the white horse that belonged to Henry IV?

The white horse is dead. guesstimating on the time of death and composition rates it's safe to say the bones are a nice tint of yellow brown.

What did I win?

I'm not an audiophile, I'm just really picky about my music... and my headphones... and my speakers... and my microphone. Other than that, I'm totally not an audiophile.

10 hours ago, WilliamDB said:

The white horse is dead. guesstimating on the time of death and composition rates it's safe to say the bones are a nice tint of yellow brown.

What did I win?

A virtual cookie, gluten-free. ;)

Ramp up the fans firstly maybe?

Basicly as long as you stay below 90°C it should be okay.

Still 70°C on stock speeds is a bit on the warm side.

So i would say ramp the Fans up a bit.

Or re-do thermalpaste application, and re-seat the pump.

Okay so i'll have to setup a fan curve, if that doesn't help i will try to re-apply the thermal paste.