Need a good cooling fan

DeathCyeth
Go to solution Solved by ThomasD,

Give the load temps you report I doubt lack of cooling what is limiting your overclock.

What voltage do you need for 4.6?

I have the corsair H110i GT AIO liquid cooler for my AMD FX9370 processor. I currently have a push pull setup on it but using generic fans. Is there a better fan setup I can use to get more airflow and lower temps? At idel my processor runs at 34c and under load 68c.

Those are already good temperatures at load and idle.

You really don't need new fans unless its because of noise.

Noise doesn't bother me so much but I like overclocking and want to get my cpu to 4.9 and have it run stable. Right now it's only at 4.6

13 minutes ago, DeathCyeth said:

Noise doesn't bother me so much but I like overclocking and want to get my cpu to 4.9 and have it run stable. Right now it's only at 4.6

no point really... you're only producing more heat and you wont even see a big difference in performance... keep it at 4.6ghz and your temps are fine.

putting new fans wont make a ton of difference tbh.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Yea honestly your right. No point really except to just do it. As far as gaming and other uses My computer runs great. It's just more of achieving the 4.9 and run it stable. I saw a video on youtube ( and I know you can't believe everything you see on there haha ) but it was a review on performance fans. And I didn't know if that would make a difference on my cooler. I'm about to build another computer with a custom loop water cooler and 2 different rads. Achieving the 4.9 was just for grins and giggles

The only good investment for you to make would be to get a better AIO. Instead of buying more fans since that won't increase performance much at all. It would be better to get something like the EK-Predator, the best performing AIO. Link 

But it does cost 200 usd so an upgrade of that size would probably be better elsewhere. 

Give the load temps you report I doubt lack of cooling what is limiting your overclock.

What voltage do you need for 4.6?

And there was my issue. I had a bad 4 pin cable and wasn't getting enough voltage. Thank God for modular power supplies haha