Who am I supposed to be mad at? nvidia or microsoft?

Hey guys!

I am having some troubles with my pc lately. It is about all sorts of display gliches: like no desktop background, missing icons in the taskbar, occasional flickering of the second monitor, transparented start menue etc.

I managed to grab a screenshot of one incident.Unbenannt.png

I am pretty sure that the sart of these issues was around the time when I updated my graphics driver. However, I have since that installed new drivers again but the problems remain. I am using a Asus strix GTX970 and I am running Driver Version 364.72 which according to NVIDIA Experience is the newest one. Now my question is: should I reinstall windows or wait for new drivers?

Thank you guys in advance!!

why not both?

but 110% windows fault here, it happened to me and i totally forgot how i fixed it...

but you can try uninstalling your current gpu driver using ddu and installing an older version like 362.xx or 361.xx and see how it works out

the new nvidia driver is trash anyway

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

haha I guess I will reinstall windows and treat me to a m.2 ssd while I am at it ^_^

thank you guys for your answers.

@Moonzy I just wanted to say that you PC Components guide is awesome! Great work!

1 minute ago, That_Linus_fan_guy said:

haha I guess I will reinstall windows and treat me to a m.2 ssd while I am at it ^_^

thank you guys for your answers.

@Moonzy I just wanted to say that you PC Components guide is awesome! Great work!

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Hmm yea something screwed up... You could fix it, but it will most likely take you more time and energy, especially if you want it be perfect, than to do a clean install.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:26 PM, That_Linus_fan_guy said:

Hey guys!

I am having some troubles with my pc lately. It is about all sorts of display gliches: like no desktop background, missing icons in the taskbar, occasional flickering of the second monitor, transparented start menue etc.

I managed to grab a screenshot of one incident.Unbenannt.png

I am pretty sure that the sart of these issues was around the time when I updated my graphics driver. However, I have since that installed new drivers again but the problems remain. I am using a Asus strix GTX970 and I am running Driver Version 364.72 which according to NVIDIA Experience is the newest one. Now my question is: should I reinstall windows or wait for new drivers?

Thank you guys in advance!!

I'd reccomend a clean install.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),