Hot Cpu, Need Help

My CPU keeps getting hot and I do not know why. Im very worried I will brake my CPU or GPU. I dont really have money at the moment to buy a aftermarket CPU cooler.:(

I also just got a new gpu and thought it would help the load on the CPU compared to my old asus R7 240.

Her is my PC specs

GPU----> ASUS STRIX GTX960 4 GB DDR5 OC
CPU----> AMD FX-6300 6-Core
RAM----> (SET OF 2) Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB Single DDR3
MOBO---> Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
HDD----> Western Digital Blue 1 TB WD10EZEX
CASE---> Rosewill MicroATX with FBM-01-450
PSU----> Rosewill 450W power supply

Below I will attach the two files showing my PC stats under load and idle. Game I am playing under load is "The Culling" at medium settings.

Idle.txt

Load.txt

Id say the lack of a decent cooler and the lack of airflow in the case contributes greatly to the high temperature.

Spoiler

Nihla

i5 4570k @ 4.20ghz 1.2v | Zotac 1060 AMP + Zotac 1070 ti Mini | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | X2 LG 29UC88

Hifiman HE4xx | Philips SHP9500s | Swans HiVi M10

1 minute ago, NightBladeDK said:

Id say the lack of a decent cooler and the lack of airflow in the case contributes greatly to the high temperature.

How would my pc get bad case airflow?

also this is the case I have.

http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-MicroATX-Tower-Computer-FBM-01/dp/B005LIDU5S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1460877897&sr=8-3&keywords=rosewill+case

12 minutes ago, DiGiTaL FaKiE said:

So what should I do?

i cant see the temps,

but you can get a new case with better air flow i guess

also, you can dust your system and maybe apply new thermal paste if the cpu cooler have been there for about 2~3 years or more

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

The text files you linked are hardly readable, can you just list the load and idle CPU temps.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

did u try cleaning your comp once in a while and redoing thermal paste and krap ?

i just did my once in a blue moon maintenance a while ago lol lost a good 12c

W8 w8 w8, 

From the load.txt shit I can see that your GPU is at 51°C, WHICH IS FUCKING COLD. 

Please don't tell me it's actually 51°C.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Idle.txt:

Processor 1
	Specification		AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor  
	Temperature 1		25°C (76°F) [0x18] (Package)

Load.txt:

Processor 1
	Temperature 1		66°C (151°F) [0x42] (Package)

If these are the CPU temps, then there probably isn't anything to worry about. Am I missing something? These files are kind of hard to interpret.

56 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

Idle.txt:

Processor 1
	Temperature 1		25°C (76°F) [0x18] (Package)

Load.txt:

Processor 1
	Temperature 1		66°C (151°F) [0x42] (Package)

If these are the CPU temps, then there probably isn't anything to worry about. Am I missing something? These files are kind of hard to interpret.

yes those are the load and idle temps. sorry I posted a giant text file. I just cleaned my whole pc now and dusted it. there was a shit load of almost burnt dust under the cpu fan. this was probably the reason for heat. 

If you are using the stock cooler for that 6300, change it. I had the 6350 with a stock cooler and temps would go up to 70 degrees. Just get something like a 212 evo. That will put your temps down alot. 

Unless your CPU goes over 100, there is nothing to worry about when it comes to AMD. 

29 minutes ago, DiGiTaL FaKiE said:

yes those are the load and idle temps. sorry I posted a giant text file. I just cleaned my whole pc now and dusted it. there was a shit load of almost burnt dust under the cpu fan. this was probably the reason for heat. 

after cleaning heres the new temps. now it seems like the gpu is hotter lol. 

Idle.png

load.png

1 hour ago, Mmkay said:

If you are using the stock cooler for that 6300, change it. I had the 6350 with a stock cooler and temps would go up to 70 degrees. Just get something like a 212 evo. That will put your temps down alot. 

Unless your CPU goes over 100, there is nothing to worry about when it comes to AMD. 

This is false information, the safe operating temperature for AMD is 62c. 

47 minutes ago, DiGiTaL FaKiE said:

snip

You think that's hot?

Mate

MY i5-4440 runs 78 degrees all day all night 24/7, you shouldn't even be worrying  about 60 degrees

Well, now you're reading this, I might as well inspire you with a deep quote

If you fall, I'll be there

- Floor

so inspiring, so deep, the feels ;-;  THE FEELS ;-;

Newer Build which I'm gonna buy when I haz moneyz

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£0.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£78.10 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£0.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.76 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£0.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For £0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£184.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £803.77

somethings says '£0.00' because I already bought them

probably best remix out there

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)

62.5 is AMD's max recommended cpu temp on the FX line, it won't hurt if you get occasional spike to ~65 but most of the FX cpus don't play nice at temps any higher than that, thermal throttle temp is 70c.

59 minutes ago, Alexokan said:

Source? This is the first time I hear about such limit.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

35 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Source? This is the first time I hear about such limit.

actually around 61C, socket temperatures can be a bit higher. 

http://products.amd.com/en-us/search/CPU/AMD-FX-Series/AMD-FX-8-Core-Black-Edition/FX-8370-with-Wraith-cooler/131

srx8GxH.png

same for the 6 core: http://products.amd.com/en-us/search/CPU/AMD-FX-Series/AMD-FX-6-Core-Black-Edition/FX-6350/96

3 hours ago, Alexokan said:

I have had a my fx cpu for 2 years running at around 75c without any issues. AMD might say it shouldn't run hotter than 62 but they all do. The stock cooler is shit. 

What would break it if went over 62c?

26 minutes ago, Mmkay said:

I have had a my fx cpu for 2 years running at around 75c without any issues. AMD might say it shouldn't run hotter than 62 but they all do. The stock cooler is shit. 

What would break it if went over 62c?

Well they are supposed to thermal throttle at 70c and if I remember right they will auto shutdown at 80c, the stock cooler is not horrible in term of cooling ability(compared to Intel stock cooler) but it is horribly noisy. Your temps are far too high for an FX cpu.

On 4/17/2016 at 4:46 PM, LeStringMan said:

Well they are supposed to thermal throttle at 70c and if I remember right they will auto shutdown at 80c, the stock cooler is not horrible in term of cooling ability(compared to Intel stock cooler) but it is horribly noisy. Your temps are far too high for an FX cpu.

Never had any thermal throttling. 

Mmkey what AMD chip released in the last 10 years would hit 100 before tjmax and shutdown! AMD Chips hate heat! I know form 1st hand experience that a FX-9370 will short(i dont know that its actually a short, but it reacted the same way as it did when i dropped a cheap fan spliter in just the wrong way to short to the case) the system to bring it to an immediate stop needing a power cable pull and capacitor drain before booting again.

Thought i killed it by knocking the water pumps power loose!

66C is hotter side but still fine. I would recommend getting small and cheap air cooler. Stocks for AMDs aren't that good.

On 17.4.2016 at 2:27 PM, LynxThe1st said:

You think that's hot?

Mate

MY i5-4440 runs 78 degrees all day all night 24/7, you shouldn't even be worrying  about 60 degrees

Intel has much higher limits for thermal throttle and their chips can take much more heat before hitting danger levels. 70C would be max that any AMD chip should reach. For intel we talk about 90C limit with 85C as max safe zone.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

That case definitely isn't anything special, but as long as you have a front and rear fan you should be fine. The exact cooler and ambient temps are important info for helping with temperature concerns, and cleaning dust out should always be done. Dust is a good insulator so keep your computer clean.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W