Is this enough fans?

daDILLYdog

Okay, this is my first-time custom build. I have a push-pull CPU heatsink that was originally just pull but I felt like it could use another since i had another to use. This fan is slower in rpm so there is considerable noticeable vibrations from both fans but that's not an issue to me unless it's something to worry about. I also have a 140mm exhaust after those two and one 230mm fan above exhausting and finally, an old 120mm fan intake at the bottom (I NEED FILTERS) to get the lower cool air.

Now this case is good and can setup more fans and my MOBO can support enough fans to turn this into an airplane. I just want to get opinions on how this fan setup looks.

My Temps at the time of typing this at all idle other than watching the last WAN show is:

System: 25C

PCH: 27C

CPU:23C

I used realtemp for cpu it would show more but that's not really an issue at this point. OC @ 2.6GHz on an i7-4790k that gets to 'maybe' 70C so im not entirely worried about cpu im just wondering if I should add more larger fans to help circulate air when summer time comes. Thanks!

DSC_0183.JPG

DSC_0184.JPG

DSC_0185.JPG

DSC_0186.JPG

That'll be plenty. In some cases they only have a spot for a single fan in the rear, and things will get a little toasty in there, a decent cooler will still keep your CPU nice and comfy. In my case, I have 4 intakes (2 intaking air from outside, through the radiator, and 2 intaking fresh air from the front) and a single exhaust. My CPU never gets to 60 degrees even on a day when it's unbearably hot in my house. If you're going to use that many fans, positive pressure inside the case will prevent some dust buildup, as negative pressure will cause air to be sucked in through crevices and stuff can get dusty. Just run a single exhaust and orient the rest as intakes, and you'll prevent dust buildup, and the air temperature inside your case will stay nice and cool.

~` please , don't let my whole life burn down `~

- why can't i just focus right now? -

; i'm tired ;

Luke found more than the 1 ehxaust fan to hit diminishing returns very quickly.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, GR1MES said:

That'll be plenty. In some cases they only have a spot for a single fan in the rear, and things will get a little toasty in there, a decent cooler will still keep your CPU nice and comfy. In my case, I have 4 intakes (2 intaking air from outside, through the radiator, and 2 intaking fresh air from the front) and a single exhaust. My CPU never gets to 60 degrees even on a day when it's unbearably hot in my house. If you're going to use that many fans, positive pressure inside the case will prevent some dust buildup, as negative pressure will cause air to be sucked in through crevices and stuff can get dusty. Just run a single exhaust and orient the rest as intakes, and you'll prevent dust buildup, and the air temperature inside your case will stay nice and cool.

My room is dust prone so I really want to get some magnetic filters at some point, before I broke the last two 230mm intake fans I had them basically dusting my entire case and now that I have less I still don't honestly notice any difference other than noise but when summer 40C+ temps come I will be either running full speed or running to newegg.This being an actual giant case I'm just glad that there is potential for expansion for more fans in the future if needed. the HAF Cooler master has served me well for it's eight months of life so far. What radiator do you have? I'm interested in switching in the possible future.