DOOM will have uncapped FPS when it launches

asim1999
1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

They state it won't be locked at launch, but I imagine it does have some kind of lock attached to it, even if it's something like 300FPS.

Expect it to cap out at 3xx something, its the idtech engine. 

9 minutes ago, Noire said:

You can crouch. But why would you? Momentum is your friend in Doom. 

Again.

I was hoping for something a bit more modern feeling. Not something where people on ritalin have a clear and distinct advantage.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Again.

I was hoping for something a bit more modern feeling. Not something where people on ritalin have a clear and distinct advantage.

See.. you know what I don't get? Most people are complaining the new Doom is too modern, while you complain it's too old. 

Personally I prefer the old arena style. 

2 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

kek

Oh well, I'm still surprised that I'm not fucking banned lol

Sometimes I am as well. HEHE, I was way ahead of you, but haven't posted all that much since September.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

5 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Played the beta.

They need to rename it "DOOM remastered" because that's basically all it is. Just another boring arena shooter. And here I was hoping they tried something relatively new.

I think it would have been better with ADS and the ability to crouch and reload, as well as larger, more open maps. But that's just me liking the newer style of FPS as opposed to the older style. Where every gun is about as accurate as a shotgun, or has auto-aim.

I'll pick it up on steam sale if it gets up to 70% off, just for the single player, which is all I really care about anyways since multi-player has ruined shooters today (used to have decent stories and nice long fun campaigns, but now you're lucky to get a 10 hour half-assed campaign, and then a bunch of multi-player DLC)

Why... Would they try something new witch such a game? It's an arena shooter and it even distincts from it's roots. 

They made it with mix of modern style fps games and with consoles in mind. So it's not another afps game really. It's bad they did what they did. Loudouts, jumps, movement speed.

And wtf ADS and reload wouldn't make no sense at all. Would completely ruined the game, on top of already not good gameplay design decisions.

It would be like cod.

EDIT:

Read other of your posts.

So it seems you'd like a game to be easier and more noob friendly where you don't need to practice aim much cause of hipfire is harder or learn good movement with accuracy?

And that's more fun then?

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

4 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

If it's handled like the Source engine handles FPS caps, it's probably a soft cap that can be changed with a console command.

Eh, we'll see.

Shit, I think I remember back when you were barely at 500 posts. Welcome to the 5000 post club.

I never got a greeting to that club...

5 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

:P 

I had to slow down when school got super busy and I started working. You joined about a month after I started working. No, exactly 1 month. I started work July 20th 2015, you joined August 20th 2015.

WOW. I came in 2014 and only have 3,600 posts.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Good to see. Because Rage and Doom3 were locked to 60 fps.

Looks like they are still working to remove those dependencies from their idtech6  game engine.

10 hours ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

For once I would like to see pc devs targeting and then locking at 60 fps so they can use the leftover GPU budget not used for rendering frames for things like physics and fluid simulations and whatnot.

This statement doesn't even make sense, what kinda console mindset is this? How on earth would any PC developer target 60FPS?

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

10 hours ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

For once I would like to see pc devs targeting and then locking at 60 fps so they can use the leftover GPU budget not used for rendering frames for things like physics and fluid simulations and whatnot.

People are always gonna complain, specially with high end pc's, even though you can't really see above 60 fps on regular monitor its nice to see that your gpu can get 100+ fps. which kinda doesn't make sense but that's how it is o.O

8 hours ago, deviant88 said:

Why has framerate become a subject past few years? theres nothing special about an locked/unlocked framerate. Ever programed any graphics application? it makes no sense even think about "hard locks" some games have an easy option to manually cap it like league of legends or with traditional vsync.

Fucking consoles..

Consoles, or ''Fucking consoles'', as you put it is to blame.

Some time, some where, a developer figured it a good idea to link game behavior to the Frame Rate. For a consoles exclusive it's a lazy solution with no downsides, until they attempt to port it to PC or even a newer console. Sometimes the problem can run so deep it may take weeks or months to properly fix the issue.

Fast forward to 2016, now the games are tied to the monitor refresh rate.

Quantum Break! DX12 Games! Such wow, such modern! Nope, they locked the FPS to 5/6 of the MONITORS REFRESH RATE!

Killer Instinct! Got a monitor with over 60HZ? Fuck you then, because the game will run extremely fast.

Please people, under no circumstance let this shit pass. We are still suffering from accepting 30 or 60FPS frame locks, with no workaround due to games mechanics linked to FPS. Now they are trying this shit with monitor refresh rate. Don't make this a consumer problem, make it a developer/publisher problem by simply not buying what can only be described as extreme incompetence.

I personally don't even accept a patch. If the game is evidently poorly developed on day 1, it will stay poorly developed as far as my wallet is concerned until it hits the 2 dollar bargain bin.

7 minutes ago, PeloyGeek said:

People are always gonna complain, specially with high end pc's, even though you can't really see above 60 fps on regular monitor its nice to see that your gpu can get 100+ fps. which kinda doesn't make sense but that's how it is o.O

what? buy a 144HZ monitor which allows you to switch quickly between 60, 120 and 144 and you're gonna notice the difference. A cheaper way to test your absurd and hilarious claim. Run CS:GO, and limit FPS to 60. Play it for an hour, then set the FPS to unlimited.

I'm so used to 144FPS in games like CS:GO that anything else feels unplayable. Even in windows, i can feel the difference based on mouse movement, it just feels off.

1 minute ago, MMKing said:

what? buy a 144HZ monitor which allows you to switch quickly between 60, 120 and 144 and you're gonna notice the difference. A cheaper way to test your absurd and hilarious claim. Run CS:GO, and limit FPS to 60. Play it for an hour, then set the FPS to unlimited.

I'm so used to 144FPS in games like CS:GO that anything else feels unplayable. Even in windows, i can feel the difference based on mouse movement, it just feels off.

Thats why im saying that if they lock it to 60 ppl that have higher refresh monitors are gonna complain

1 minute ago, PeloyGeek said:

Thats why im saying that if they lock it to 60 ppl that have higher refresh monitors are gonna complain

You also said that seeing above 60FPS on a regular monitor is not possible (by regular i assume 60HZ). When in fact, rendering more frames allows the monitor to pick a more recent picture.

By rendering only 60FPS per second, the age of the frame when it is displayed ranges from less than 1ms, to almost 17ms. Which wouldn't be a problem if rendering was consistent, but in reality, not every frame is as difficult to render. So over the course of a second, the age of a frame from rendering to display changes wildly. The first frame may be 15ms late, the second may be 4 ms later, 3rd: 8. 4th: 9. 5th: 3. The point is that it doesn't feel smooth, in fact it has a name, ''micro-stuttering''

By simply rendering hundreds of frames per second, the average age of the frame displayed on the monitor will drastically go down. It's the brute force approach to the smoothness that G-sync and Free-users experience, though you don't remove the tearing issues.

You should try tinkering with the settings in counter strike, and you may even feel the difference between 150FPS and 300FPS. Even on a 60HZ monitor.

1 minute ago, MMKing said:

You also said that seeing above 60FPS on a regular monitor is not possible (by regular i assume 60HZ). When in fact, rendering more frames allows the monitor to pick a more recent picture.

By rendering only 60FPS per second, the age of the frame when it is displayed ranges from less than 1ms, to almost 17ms. Which wouldn't be a problem if rendering was consistent, but in reality, not every frame is as difficult to render. So over the course of a second, the age of a frame from rendering to display changes wildly. The first frame may be 15ms late, the second may be 4 ms later, 3rd: 8. 4th: 9. 5th: 3. The point is that it doesn't feel smooth, in fact it has a name, ''micro-stuttering''

By simply rendering hundreds of frames per second, the average age of the frame displayed on the monitor will drastically go down. It's the brute force approach to the smoothness that G-sync and Free-users experience, though you don't remove the tearing issues.

You should try tinkering with the settings in counter strike, and you may even feel the difference between 150FPS and 300FPS. Even on a 60HZ monitor.

i shall try

Take a look at this video.

This feels like a game people won't like, and then the developer will go ahead and patch the living hell out of it.  Then people will finally like it. But at that point it has no more hype surrounding it.

13 hours ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

There should be a toggleable option for that, otherwise R.I.P. 144hz

Really hope there is a quality single player campaign. With good story, pacing, characters, player motivation etc... Old school gameplay is fine but some things are higher standard now. Wolfenstein new order did it right.

13 hours ago, Noire said:

See.. you know what I don't get? Most people are complaining the new Doom is too modern, while you complain it's too old. 

Personally I prefer the old arena style. 

They took the worst parts of new shooter multi-players, loadouts and buffs, and mixed them with the worst part of arena shooters.

13 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

That's not going to happen.  Here's why!

Doom's MP was outsourced, so id has no input on it.  So, you have this modern studio trying too hard to make a modern Halo meets console unreal meets black ops 3.

SP, while made by id, has no real original input on it.  You have to remember that when Zenimax bought out id, their creative control officer/CEO was out of a job.  Romero left as did most people in the 90s and 2000s.  American McGee refuses, even told me, has no care for those types of games as they started to bore him.  So, he went on to make games that failed and succeeded like Bad Day LA and Alice.  Romero has had a good start, but a pretty dead path in games afterwards.  Nobody hears much of the other members, and Carmack only made the game's engine before he left to be the creative control office of the OR VR.  So, with no original memeber input, and Carmack leaving no instructions on how to fully utilize his beastly voxel idtech6!  You have what is probably going to be a failed consolized game over what you would really want as a Doom reboot.  To be fair, I can't bitch too much about the SP since I've only seen gore vids, but the mp is not true id arena style.

Multi-player ruins shooters these days, imho. It becomes the sole focus because "hey, we can make and sell DLC map packs for it".

11 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Why... Would they try something new witch such a game? It's an arena shooter and it even distincts from it's roots. 

They made it with mix of modern style fps games and with consoles in mind. So it's not another afps game really. It's bad they did what they did. Loudouts, jumps, movement speed.

And wtf ADS and reload wouldn't make no sense at all. Would completely ruined the game, on top of already not good gameplay design decisions.

It would be like cod.

EDIT:

Read other of your posts.

So it seems you'd like a game to be easier and more noob friendly where you don't need to practice aim much cause of hipfire is harder or learn good movement with accuracy?

And that's more fun then?

I just find Arena shooter design to be annoying. I don't find it immersive, which makes it less fun for me, and I loathe the map design. It's a pure reaction speed type of game play. Whereas things like battlefield require more tactical awareness and thought process.

They could have easily done TDM in the style of new shooters, but better, by simply NOT having random spawn points. Which is the worst thing that new shooters do when it comes to TDM.

Mainly, I was just hoping for something new feeling. Something where the "assault rifle" doesn't feel like a sub-machine gun (it does) and where the Plasma Rifle shoots high speed projectiles (like that energy gun from Half Life 2, the pulse rifle), instead of slow moving balls of plasma.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

They need to give you the option to disable mouse accel and enable air strafing, it is in the game just disabled.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

18 hours ago, Razarza said:

They need to give you the option to disable mouse accel and enable air strafing, it is in the game just disabled.

Yeah the mouse acceleration I experienced was really bad - it made it very hard to control the game in any sort of meaningful way. Also the resolutions seem f'ed, I play at QHD and it seemed to just upscale 1080p

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fKvV3C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 5820K | MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2666mhz | EVGA Titan X Hybrid | Fractal Design Define R5 | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Samsung 850-EVO Series 250GB SSD | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair AX860 | Acer Predator XB270HU | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair K70 RGB w/Cherry MX Browns | Corsair M65 RGB | Audio-Technica ATH-M50X | Windows 10 |

Great, now let's hope they get rid of that classes bullshit

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, dditty said:

Yeah the mouse acceleration I experienced was really bad - it made it very hard to control the game in any sort of meaningful way. Also the resolutions seem f'ed, I play at QHD and it seemed to just upscale 1080p

Mouse accel makes it so hard to make proper micro adjustments at long range, it really bothered me. I've heard about non 16:9 not being properly supported in the beta, if they are not natively supported in the full game you should be able to fix it with the console or config files, I'm pretty sure they are locked off in the beta.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro