Computer temperature controller - would appreciate people answering feedback questions

This is a little project that I've done ofr my GCSE that controls fan speed based on ambient temperature. The thermistor is twist-tied to a thermometer and three case fans are plugged to the controller (although it can control up to 7). The product is powered by a Molex connector and the white Led flashes when the ambient temperature reaches over 30 degrees Celsius. I'm sorry about the quality but I had to use my phone and the S340's side panel was very reflective in these lighting condition. I suggest seeing the start of the video and then forwarding to the end to see the difference. I used the folding@home client to increase temperatures as that is the most intensive task that I leave to do continuously. From what you can see, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7TF4twYenMrRVcyWmd5R09uVk0/view?usp=sharing

What do you think of the aesthetics?

What do you think of its usability?

Is there anything you like/dislike?

In general, if a product like this was available, would you be interested in purchasing it and, if so, how much would you be willing to pay?

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

I have no permission to view that video. I have requested access to view it. Please accept the request.

I just changed the sharing settings so that anyone with the link can view. Sorry about that

Nice one, I wanted to try and keep mine fully automatic so I'm using the thermistor in a a potential diver and amplifying the voltage across the fixed transistor with an op-amp to power the fans (obviously using a transistor to amplify the current).

9 hours ago, vdude2000 said:

Nice one, I wanted to try and keep mine fully automatic so I'm using the thermistor in a a potential diver and amplifying the voltage across the fixed transistor with an op-amp to power the fans (obviously using a transistor to amplify the current).

Mine is fully auto too, I just have a thermistor controlling a mosfet in its linear range, and the two trimpots adjust sensitivity and temp offset

The new videos been uploaded - you can now see/hear the change easier

Generally this feature is already available in the BIOS fan control. So I doubt it would attract a lot of buyers.

Also, BOM cost for this excluding the casing and PCB would be less than 1$ if I were to make one myself. So, how much do you think people are willing to pay?

Again, referring to a video luke made a few weeks ago regarding the case airflow impact on internal temperature. Well, you could stuff a snoopy inside and it wouldn't affect the component temperatures by much. So, I don't really see the application of this. I would just put fans on low speed and be done with it.

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?