Doom 4 Pre-Order Or Witcher 3

Tieox

Hi all.

I'm a bit burned out from Fallout 4 and ESO. 

I am in two minds, pre-order Doom 4, I have owned every Doom game on release and loved them all.  Or get into Witcher 3 and a lore rich game I have yet to experience. 

I will only have the funds for one come end of May.  

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Download the Jack Sparrow edition of Witcher 3, and pre-order Doom 4.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

4 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Hi all.

I'm a bit burned out from Fallout 4 and ESO. 

I am in two minds, pre-order Doom 4, I have owned every Doom game on release and loved them all.  Or get into Witcher 3 and a lore rich game I have yet to experience. 

I will only have the funds for one come end of May.  

I highly recommend the Witcher 3. I absolutely adore the game (hence my profile cover art), and I am currently on my third playthough. It takes upwards of 100 hours to complete, and even double if you are a completionist, so you won't be short on gameplay. The replayability is just so good as there are many different paths and options to play, for example, there are a possible 3 endings, dependent on choices earlier. 

Just now, ronstig said:

I highly recommend the Witcher 3. I absolutely adore the game (hence my profile cover art), and I am currently on my third playthough. It takes upwards of 100 hours to complete, and even double if you are a completionist, so you won't be short on gameplay. The replayability is just so good as there are many different paths and options to play, for example, there are a possible 3 endings, dependent on choices earlier. 

Currently it's £34.99 on Steam with some free DLC.  Is it recommended I buy the whole package, or is the basic version enough for a good couple month of gaming?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

the doom beta is out on the 15th.. maybe play it and see how you like it?

i have the witcher 3 and it is amazing but as others have said it is a long play through.. not really a game you can just sit and play a level of.. depends on what your after.. 

3 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Currently it's £34.99 on Steam with some free DLC.  Is it recommended I buy the whole package, or is the basic version enough for a good couple month of gaming?

The free DLC adds some reskins and a few extra quests, but it's nothing substantial. The Hearts of Stone expansion adds about another 20 hours of gameplay and the upcoming DLC will add around that also. Again, it depends on how you approach games like this; if you want to rush the story without paying attention to the exploration and sidequest bonuses, the game will be done in as less as 40 hours. It's up to you but for me the base game lasted a good 80 hours.

Witcher 3 is a fantastic game. If you like RPGs with interesting characters it should be right for you.

Don't preorder games. You won't get anything out from it. Other than a chance of getting a bad game. If you wait for the release you can read the reviews and see the communities feedback to see if it's actually good.

Doom 4 seems to be getting more negative the more time is going on. I was giving it a pass when we first saw it. And the map making tools were cool. But since then they've gimped the map making tools. And added multiplayer map DLC. That means divided multiplayer community. Multyplayer will stay live about a year.

Also the multyplayer doesn't seem that fun as well. The whole daemon system is one players fun in the expense of other players fun without any skill requirement.

I'm very pessimistic about Doom 4 at the moment. And will probably not even play it at all for the next year.

4 hours ago, T6kke said:

Witcher 3 is a fantastic game. If you like RPGs with interesting characters it should be right for you.

Don't preorder games. You won't get anything out from it. Other than a chance of getting a bad game. If you wait for the release you can read the reviews and see the communities feedback to see if it's actually good.

Doom 4 seems to be getting more negative the more time is going on. I was giving it a pass when we first saw it. And the map making tools were cool. But since then they've gimped the map making tools. And added multiplayer map DLC. That means divided multiplayer community. Multyplayer will stay live about a year.

Also the multyplayer doesn't seem that fun as well. The whole daemon system is one players fun in the expense of other players fun without any skill requirement.

I'm very pessimistic about Doom 4 at the moment. And will probably not even play it at all for the next year.

Thanks, will aim for Witcher 3, Doom4 would be just for the single player experiance. 

We know right now that The Witcher 3 is an amazing game. Doom 4 is a gamble until it launches. In fact, what we do know is that it uses a game engine with a spotty history on PC, from a studio with a spotty history on PC, and that the beta impressions of it have been mixed. With that in mind, the choice seems clear and simple to me.

What has this Industry to do that People stop preorder? Are horrible Releases, E3 Lies, shitty Ports and technical Nightmares not enough?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

8 hours ago, Kierax said:

-snip

I suggest you buy the whole Witcher 3 package. A new expansion will arrive around may or june. Blood and Wine. The game is worth the price imho. :)

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Witcher 3 for sure. I've put about 80 hours in completing the game and I'm waiting for all the expansions to come out so i can sink another 30 into it!

I would recommend playing the witcher 2 first. Its also a great game that still looks good by 2days standards. Play 2 first coz it is always harder to go back and play previous games after experiencing the greatness of the newest game! And you can get it dirt cheap :P