Switching to Mini ITX Build

Hi all!

Newbie to the forums here looking for some advice. I am looking to switch from an ATX build down to a Mini ITX build for the sake of space. I am looking to keep most of what I have from the current build:

Intel Core i5-4690K - 3.50GHz Devil's Canyon LGA1150
MSI Radeon R9 390 - 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express
4  x  Kingston HyperX - 8GB PC3-17100C11 2133MHz Dual Channel
2  x  Samsung SSD 840 EVO - 500GB SATA 6.0Gb/s Basic 512MB Cache
EVGA SuperNova G2 - 850W Modular ATX 80 Plus Gold

As for the new case, the one that I have chosen is the NZXT Manta. 

My biggest uncertainty however is what motherboard to purchase. I dont really have a budget for just the motherboard, so a choice of the best ones for long-term would be great. However if one feels that replacing the current ram is a good idea, please say so.

--- OR ---

While this is my least preferred option, I am interested to know if it is worth switching to the newer gen processor (specifically looking at the Intel Core i5-6600K)

I have no interest in overclocking. My primary use of the PC is for mid to high-end gaming (as high as single GPUs can go anyway), with the occasional use of design tools such as photoshop and indesign.

Many thanks!

EDIT: also, i live in the UK, so anything in GBP

1 minute ago, Sera Otoro said:

Hi all!

Newbie to the forums here looking for some advice. I am looking to switch from an ATX build down to a Mini ITX build for the sake of space. I am looking to keep most of what I have from the current build:

My biggest uncertainty however is what motherboard to purchase. I dont really have a budget for just the motherboard, so a choice of the best ones for long-term would be great. However if one feels that replacing the current ram is a good idea, please say so.

--- OR ---

While this is my least preferred option, I am interested to know if it is worth switching to the newer gen processor (specifically looking at the Intel Core i5-6600K)

I have no interest in overclocking. My primary use of the PC is for mid to high-end gaming (as high as single GPUs can go anyway), with the occasional use of design tools such as photoshop and indesign.

Many thanks!

No ocing and photoshop? Might be worth switching out your 4690k for a 1231v3 then.

7 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

No ocing and photoshop? Might be worth switching out your 4690k for a 1231v3 then.

why if he already has the i5 tho. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

1 minute ago, Mohenjo said:

why if he already has the i5 tho. 

I dunno. I´m tired as fuck right now.

13 minutes ago, Sera Otoro said:

Hi all!

--- OR ---

Many thanks!

just keep yer parts. what mobo features do ya want?  and may i suggest the define s nano?

18 minutes ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

just keep yer parts. what mobo features do ya want?

Just really anything that is best suited for high-end performance. wifi is optional.

18 minutes ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

and may i suggest the define s nano?

I really cannot be swayed from the NZXT Manta though. Fell in love with the case the moment i saw it XD, and them curves!

2 minutes ago, Sera Otoro said:

Just really anything that is best suited for high-end performance. wifi is optional.

I really cannot be swayed from the NZXT Manta though. Fell in love with the case the moment i saw it XD, and them curves!

then I recommend this one : http://us.amazon.com/Gigabyte-LGA-1150-Intel-Z87-HDMI-SATA-6Gbps-USB-3-0-Mini-ITX-DDR3-1600-Intel-Motherboards-GA-Z87N-WIFI/dp/B00D94X7WW

oh well, the manta is very big :/ but if you like it curvy, I'ma let ye dig yer thing.