Gaming PC?

Go to solution Solved by Matias_Chambers,

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cLK9xr Get the 980 Ti if you can spend more.

Hello guys. I want to build my own gaming PC. I want to mainly play COD, GTA, CSGO and other games like that. I was wondering if these specs will do good:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat Black ATX PC Chassis 

Motherboard: MSI Intel H97 Gaming 3 ATX Motherboard 

Processor: Intel Core I7 4790K Processor 4.00 Ghz

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600MHz (1x8)

Power Supply Unit (PSU): RaidMax 730W PSU 135mm Blue LED Fan 

Hard Drive: Seagate NAS HDD 3.5" 2TB SATA (6Gbps) 64MB Cache

DVD Drive: HLDS 24x DVD-RW Super-MultiDrive

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 960 4GB G1 Gaming Graphics Card

Can you guys please tell me what I should add or change in order to make this better. Please don't tell me things like "change your GTX 960 4Gb to a GTX titan X"..

Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, Telebubbies said:

Hello guys. I want to build my own gaming PC. I want to mainly play COD, GTA, CSGO and other games like that. I was wondering if these specs will do good:

Can you guys please tell me what I should add or change in order to make this better. Please don't tell me things like "change your GTX 960 4Gb to a GTX titan X"..

Thanks in advance!

What's your budget?

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

2 minutes ago, Telebubbies said:

Snip

If you are just gaming, you dont need an i7, you could get a cheaper i5 and get a better graphics card

best thing to do is give us your budget (and location, local currency too) and people can try some build plans for you

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

3 minutes ago, Telebubbies said:

Thanks in advance!

Budget, location, peripherals?

You're going to want a Z97 motherboard for that chip so you can overclock if you ever decide too. Also, you should probably get a 4690k and a better GPU that GPU is way under powered for that CPU, it'll do fine but it's just way unbalanced performance wise. This build is way unbalanced. Better power supply as well and if you're going to make a build of this quality you need to include an SSD. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

2 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

If you are just gaming, you dont need an i7, you could get a cheaper i5 and get a better graphics card

best thing to do is give us your budget (and location, local currency too) and people can try some build plans for you

I live in South Africa and our currency is "rands". And for my budget, I have $1300 to spend. 

10 hours ago, Matias_Chambers said:

instead of spending over 100 dollars on windows 10 just buy this windows 7 and upgrade when you get it http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Professional-Builder-Refurbished-Installation/dp/B00LG242A0/ref=sr_1_1?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1460474700&sr=1-1&keywords=windows+7

20 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

12 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Sorry about this message - this message got bugged.. I could not get rid of those boxes.. 

13 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Thanks for that. But I just have one question, what will I need the SSD for? The space is too small for me to use.. I never really understood what games/programs to put on there.. 

Just now, Telebubbies said:

Thanks for that. But I just have one question, what will I need the SSD for? The space is too small for me to use.. I never really understood what games/programs to put on there.. 

The os as boot drive.

Just now, Telebubbies said:

The operating system, browsers, main programs and a few games

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 minutes ago, Telebubbies said:

Install the OS on the SSD. It will make your system boot faster and feel faster in general. You can also put your favorite games on it, depending how big they are. Your games will load faster on an SSD.

^^^^ yes the SSD will be used for the OS and the main programs that you use. I for instance have only a 250GB SSD which makes me have to manage my space wisely until I can afford to get more. As for your build I have a few things to say: if you aren't going to do much CPU intensive stuff (video rendering for example) I would drop to an i5 4690K and I would also drop your power supply to something smaller, there is no way you need 730W for that build. once you do that you might have enough to upgrade your graphics card to a 970. 

Use the following spec style and help us spread the revolution to the rest of LTT!

"Rylo Ken"

Screenaninator: Asus Strix GTX 970 

Procrastinator:Intel I7 4790K @4.0GHZ

Stickaminator: Kingston HyperX Fury (2x8)

Powermathingy: EVGA 650 GS Fully Modular

attachamajiggy: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition

Remembrerthing: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB

Buttonboard: Corsair K70 RGB (browns)

Hearamagargle+talkamagargle: Logitech G35

See-A-Move-O: Logitech G502

Hey guys! I am looking to get a new gaming PC. I recently asked a question on this website and I got amazing answers. But I ended the post too early. 

Here are my specs:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced ATX Full Tower Case

Motherboard: MSI Z170-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Processor: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Power Supply Unit (PSU): EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Hard Drive: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

DVD Drive: HLDS 24x DVD-RW Super-MultiDrive (or anything else..)

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

I was wondering if all this hardware is compatible with each other? And roughly how much FPS will I get on GTA V with everything at max settings and 1080p?

And will my processor be able to run that DDR4 RAM? 

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Telebubbies said:

And will my processor be able to run that DDR4 RAM? 

Yes as far as I can tell all of your parts are compatible

Good job scaling down with the PSU - thats the exact same one I have and I can tell you from experience that it really is an amazing PSU.

The only other problems I have with this build is that you got rid of the SSD, I personally really like my SSD- really help with boots and load times and it really is worth it in my opinion - also if you want to save a bit more money you can buy win 7 or 8 and then upgrade it to 10 like it did.

Use the following spec style and help us spread the revolution to the rest of LTT!

"Rylo Ken"

1 minute ago, brune67 said:

Yes as far as I can tell all of your parts are compatible

Good job scaling down with the PSU - thats the exact same one I have and I can tell you from experience that it really is an amazing PSU.

The only other problems I have with this build is that you got rid of the SSD, I personally really like my SSD- really help with boots and load times and it really is worth it in my opinion - also if you want to save a bit more money you can buy win 7 or 8 and then upgrade it to 10 like it did.

Yes. I will be getting Windows 7. But do you know what the difference between Windows home and pro is? There is a large price difference.. 

But do you know what the difference between Windows home and pro is? There is a large price difference.. 

Well which one do you want?

"Rylo Ken"

1 minute ago, brune67 said:

Well which one do you want?

I would take Home as it is cheaper, but I also don't know what pro has to offer..

I would take Home as it is cheaper, but I also don't know what pro has to offer..

Unless you are a small business that needs a bunch of security add-ons and such then I would recommend home. that's what I have, and most computers that are used for everyday web-browsing/gaming don't need pro.

"Rylo Ken"

41 minutes ago, Telebubbies said:

good build.

ddr4 will be compatible.

probs 70/80fps ultra on GTA5. Why a 980 and not a 980Ti or the new cards coming out?

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Hey guys! I am about to order my parts for my gaming PC. I just want to know if everything I have is good.

Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 ATX Mid Tower Case

Motherboard: MSI Z170-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Processor: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Power Supply Unit (PSU): EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Hard Drive: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

DVD Drive: HLDS 24x DVD-RW Super-MultiDrive (or anything else..)

Graphics Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE 3X OC EDITION

CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

If anyone can tell me if something is incompatible, then that would be great. And roughly how much FPS will I get on GTA V MAX settings 1080p with these specs?

Thanks in advance!

You should use PcPartpicker for absolute compatibility, however, that rig will easily get 60fps on GTA V maxed. I'm running a 390 and a 4690k and I'm reaching a consistent 60 on max (par the advanced settings).