Raw file system to exFAT?

xnoobftw

Hey guys

I've had my samsung evo 64gb sdcard crapped out on me and when i inserted into my laptop it says that it is in a RAW format.

Is there anyway i can convert it back to exfat? I've tried using CMD, windows disk management (new simple volume) but no matter what i did it still converted back to RAW even if i selected exFAT

I cannot get an RMA as this was a gift and i do not have the receipt. 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

14 minutes ago, xnoobftw said:

~snip~

Hello there xnoobftw :)

Are you able to reformat the card in any other format? It may have malfunctioned and completely died for some reason. 

Do you need the data on the card?

If yes, I would recommend contacting a data recovery company as they have the biggest chance for success. Have in mind that their services can be quite costly. You can try some third-party software for data recovery but you would risk further damaging your card and lose the data forever. 

If you don't really need the data I would try running diskpart in the cmd and see if the card can be formatted at all. 
Go to RUN type CMD and launch with administrative rights
diskpart
list disk
select disk “x” (x represents the disknumber in the left collum, your sd card)
clean
create partition primary (a new primary partition will be created as big as possible)
list volume
select volume “X”
format fs=fat32

This should attempt to format your card in FAT32. If it works you should be able to reformat it back to exFAT from the Os utility. 

Post back with some results. 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

1 minute ago, Captain_WD said:

Hello there xnoobftw :)

Are you able to reformat the card in any other format? It may have malfunctioned and completely died for some reason. 

Do you need the data on the card?

If yes, I would recommend contacting a data recovery company as they have the biggest chance for success. Have in mind that their services can be quite costly. You can try some third-party software for data recovery but you would risk further damaging your card and lose the data forever. 

If you don't really need the data I would try running diskpart in the cmd and see if the card can be formatted at all. 
Go to RUN type CMD and launch with administrative rights
diskpart
list disk
select disk “x” (x represents the disknumber in the left collum, your sd card)
clean
create partition primary (a new primary partition will be created as big as possible)
list volume
select volume “X”
format fs=fat32

This should attempt to format your card in FAT32. If it works you should be able to reformat it back to exFAT from the Os utility. 

Post back with some results. 

Captain_WD.

Tried that and they said there's some cyclic redundancy check! (when i typed clean in) 

However it still shows up on diskmanagement tho (as either unallocated or RAW) 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

53 minutes ago, xnoobftw said:

~snip~

In that case I would suggest that the card has most probably failed. I'd contact the manufacturer and see if the guys there can suggest something else.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^

34 minutes ago, Captain_WD said:

In that case I would suggest that the card has most probably failed. I'd contact the manufacturer and see if the guys there can suggest something else.

Captain_WD.

Sorryfor the trouble i've caused :) 

9 minutes ago, xnoobftw said:

~snip~

This is why the community is for - helping each other resolve our problems! You are always welcome to post back if you have other questions or if you encounter other issues! :) No trouble at all!