A Simple Question(For a dummy like me)

Cepheus_001
Go to solution Solved by Trav_X,

Depending on the APU and GPU, you can crossfire them for even more performance.

it is perfectly okay, I'm running an APU and a GPU (although the GPU is NVIDIA), and it works fine :) go right ahead! Join the APU army lol. I would suggest looking into CrossFiring using the APU maybe, depending on the GPU you get. Just google the compatibility lists.

I was wondering..What if I use an APU and get a GPU and put em together on the motherboard. Will my computer function normally? do I have to mod any settings? BTW the GPU and APU are from AMD.

thankyou!

Depending on the APU and GPU, you can crossfire them for even more performance.

it is perfectly okay, I'm running an APU and a GPU (although the GPU is NVIDIA), and it works fine :) go right ahead! Join the APU army lol. I would suggest looking into CrossFiring using the APU maybe, depending on the GPU you get. Just google the compatibility lists.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

4 hours ago, Slayerstealth said:

thanks for the snappy reply(and not looking down at me cuz i don't know this stuff)

No problem man :D just here to help :) 

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

4 hours ago, Slayerstealth said:

thanks for the snappy reply(and not looking down at me cuz i don't know this stuff)

It'll still function normally. For all intents and purposes, Intel CPUs are APUs(if they have an IGP), and they work fine with discrete graphics. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Put the display cable into the monitor, put the other end into the discrete GPU.

In the event that you have an R7 370 or an R7 360, you can crossfire the integrated GPU with the discrete GPU. If you bought a pre-built computer, you may have an R9 370 or an R9 360. These are identical to the R7 cards, but their names are changed for marketing purposes. No other R9 card will crossfire with any APU.

It would help if we knew which APU and GPU you had.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum