Help my Lenovo booted as an Asus

I went back to Micro Center and exchanged the 960 for a EVGA GTX 950 short board.

Tried it out to see if it fit when I got home and it seemed to fit.

I pulled it back out then put everything back together to plug the PC back in.

When the computer finally booted it brought me to a screen with "preparing repair"

Then I chose to refresh to not lose my files then the computer booted as an Asus and most of my drivers 

including the network driver are gone.

What in the name of spider pig do I do?!? :( 

Yes I am completely serious as I am new to all of this (usually more a software savvy guy) but trying to keep a positive mindset since I literally just bought this PC 2 days ago :o 

so did you lose your files or no? The laptop manufacturer is Lenovo but they are probably using an ASUS bios (they also make laptops, your lenova laptop didnt boot and an ASUS laptop.), you simply saw the ASUS bios.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Just now, suchamoneypit said:

so did you lose your files or no? The laptop manufacturer is Lenovo but they are probably using an ASUS bios (they also make laptops, your lenova laptop didnt boot and an ASUS laptop.)

I lost my files, it booted as an Asus X series laptop but it's a Lenovo H50-55 desktop...

So I am confused... What do I do to get my drivers back? Especially since it doesn't pick up the R7 integrated graphics card :o 

Just now, Chris_Blake said:

I lost my files, it booted as an Asus X series laptop but it's a Lenovo H50-55 desktop...

So I am confused... What do I do to get my drivers back? Especially since it doesn't pick up the R7 integrated graphics card :o 

It sounds like the system magically turned itself into an EFI-based install of Windows and the Lenovo might have an ASUS motherboard in it?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, Chris_Blake said:

how do you know if your drivers are gone? Are you booted into windows? If your booted into windows all your files should be there.

Did you turn off the Pc before removing the GPU?

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Okay so yes it originally came with Win 8.1 then when it booted after refresh it went to basic Win 8.0 

I could tell my drivers are gone by originally my network and audio when I bought the comp had drivers then when

it booted today both had red X's, when clicking they both indicated the drivers were missing but I couldn't connect to the internet for them to even be downloaded then I rebooted and the network driver must have downloaded itself (running Ethernet instead for better connection) so the Ethernet must have triggered something to make the driver install itself even though I unplugged it and plugged it back in the first time it booted as "Asus" 

As far as my files go, everything I DL'd the last two days was completely gone even within program files on the HDD. 

Yes, I removed the GPU when the power was off.