Which one will improve my videos more

What do you currently use to record videos?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

link to channel?

i think the slider would be usefull

Case: Fractal Design Define R4   CPU: 4790K OVCK 4.7  CPU COOLER: H100iGTX (NOCTUA FANS) RAM: COSAIR VENGEANCE PRO (2x8) MOBO: GIGABYTE UD5H z97x  PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 750 WATT 80+ GOLD GRAPHICS CARD: GIGABYTE G1. GAMING WINDFORCE 970 4GB BOOT SSD: Crucial m550 M.2 256 GB HDD: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2TB  2nd SSD:SAMGSUNG 500 GB 850 EVO 

9 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

What do you currently use to record videos?

i currently use an iphone 6 with a tripod 

1 minute ago, Hexorian said:

i currently use an iphone 6 with a tripod 

Well, the iPhone 6 can record 1080p 60fps which is great as long as you have good lighting.

If you already have some lights, get the slider (That looks pretty expensive for such a simple task, but what do I know about sliders?)

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

1 minute ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Well, the iPhone 6 can record 1080p 60fps which is great as long as you have good lighting.

If you already have some lights, get the slider (That looks pretty expensive for such a simple task, but what do I know about sliders?)

i dont know much about them either this one was the cheapest i could find that has good reviews ikr why are they so flipin expensive

I am a DP and Director, hope my experience can help.

To start with, the most useful item would be the slider and the least being the manfrotto(I suggest benro s2 instead). However, it really depends your style of shooting. 

You shoot tech video, and I suppose you aspire to be like MKBHD? His style is mixture of portrait (Himself) and product shoots. So I think to branch out to that direction you need really good lighting ( at least a 2-point softbox set up) for good portrait and slider movement for sexy product shoots.

iPhone 6 is a pretty good camera, and you can definitely max it's spec out and get great result. Plus Canon is sleeping and I wouldn't bother purchasing their camera now.Besides, a manfrotto 502 is way overkill for an iPhone. But adding a smaller fluid head to accompany your slider will make awesome slider shot.

These should be what you consider to own:

1. A 2-point softbox lighting kit.

2. A slider

3. A smaller fluid head for adding extra production value. You can check out benro s2 fluid head Which is inexpensive and perfect for iPhone.

You can find all of those for a total of~USD$200-300 on Amazon.

P.s. Good sliders are expensive because they need really high precision to align the bearings and rail. and they need really good bearings for smoothness. The material of the rail has to be strong so it won't bend in the middle(usually the weakest point) if you have a heavy load. I have used one of the generic brand slider just like that one for emergency. They are really good value and surprised me with their quality.

You can contact me if you have any further gear problem. Hope you have fun shooting video.

Lee.

1 hour ago, ioklmj1 said:

To start with, the most useful item would be the slider and the least being the manfrotto(I suggest benro s2 instead). However, it really depends your style of shooting. 

You shoot tech video, and I suppose you aspire to be like MKBHD? His style is mixture of portrait (Himself) and product shoots. So I think to branch out to that direction you need really good lighting ( at least a 2-point softbox set up) for good portrait and slider movement for sexy product shoots.

iPhone 6 is a pretty good camera, and you can definitely max it's spec out and get great result. Plus Canon is sleeping and I wouldn't bother purchasing their camera now.Besides, a manfrotto 502 is way overkill for an iPhone. But adding a smaller fluid head to accompany your slider will make awesome slider shot.

2. A slider

3. A smaller fluid head for adding extra production value. You can check out benro s2 fluid head Which is inexpensive and perfect for iPhone.

P.s. Good sliders are expensive because they need really high precision to align the bearings and rail. and they need really good bearings for smoothness. The material of the rail has to be strong so it won't bend in the middle(usually the weakest point) if you have a heavy load. I have used one of the generic brand slider just like that one for emergency. They are really good value and surprised me with their quality.

You can contact me if you have any further gear problem. Hope you have fun shooting video.

Lee.

Thank you so much this was very helpful you earned a follow :)

1 hour ago, ioklmj1 said:

2. A slider

Lee.

do you have any low cost sliders fluid heads and lights you could recommend? Thanks!