Automatic backup of data

Flashie

I'm probably just being really ignorant right now by not reading through the pinned topics in the thread. Anyways... Getting to the point

I've got a setup of 2, 120GB SSD's (1x 120GB, 1x 128GB) and 2 HDD's (1x 1TB, 1x 2TB).

I use the 128GB SSD as my boot drive, and the other 120GB SSD as important file storage.

I use the 1TB HDD for all my Steam games, movies, and music; and the other 2TB HDD for backups of my Steam and important files roughly every 2-3 months.

The current way in which I backup my Steam every 2 months or so, is to delete the current Steam file on my 2TB hard drive (and wait for the 600GB to delete), and then to

transfer/copy/backup the original Steam folder from my 1TB hard drive, over to the 2TB hard drive (drag and drop). This however leaves me with one bottleneck in my plan.

If my 1TB HDD with Steam on it crashes, I'd only have a 2 month old backup - and heck knows how much games I could've downloaded in 2 months. What I'd like to have, is a

way in which I can easily (or evens automagically) backup these files. By backup I mean, not deleting the old files, but rather replacing those that were changed, adding those that are new, and leaving those that haven't been changed. Would I need any extra hardware, or software, or evens a setting or two in Windows? However, another option in the pipeline is to get a dedicated server that i can keep in my room, to act as a media/backup server for the network in the house. That way we can backup my steam to that too evens, but then again I'm sitting with the case of "drag and drop" backups.

Sorry to those that just looked for the TL;DR (Go back up and read it.)

Thanks in advance

Flashie