I am building a new gaming rig and i want ur advice on this configuration-

the PC will mostly be used for gaming

AMD FX-6100

8GB DDR-3 1333MHZ of ram

ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2 Motherboard

ASUS GTX 650 or ASUS RADEON HD 7770

Cooler Master CM 350 Plus 350 Watts

nd stock cooler for cpu

i want to play 1080p games on high graphics, and i want to ask u that is my configuration enough for 1080p games?... nd am i going to need any cooling solution for this processor? as i hav heard people say that AMD processors need a bettr cooling fans than stock ones...... and which one shud i choose - gtx 650 or hd 7770?? any xtra advice is most welcomd.. :)

A 7770 wouldn't run games so great on 1080p, bump it up to a 7850 or 7870 so that it can handle it. As for the case, get an Antec Three Hundred. Also, the number 1 rule when building a gaming PC is to never skimp on the PSU. Get a decent PSU such as a Corsair CX600 or something.

It would help us a lot if you specified what budget you have.

BTW, even if you go with either a 650 or 7770, you PSU is really low on wattage. Read the requirements of the parts before picking them out.

yea......thanx.. and what about cooling fans?? do i need to put ny after-market ones... or the stock cooler is self-sufficient?? nd how about cooler master hyper tx3 evo....for cooling??

my budget is of around 450$ (US)

If you are going to overclock at all, get the upgraded cooler, otherwise usually stock is ok.

Please do not double post!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Get an FX 6300, it's really worth the extra 10$-20 over the FX 6100.

Also, you really need to get at least a 450W power supply, any 450W 80+ certified PSU from Antec, Seasnoic, Corsair, XFX will do.

As for the 650 & the 7770, the 7770 is slightly faster at stock than the 650 and much faster when both are overclocked, so I'd stick with the 7770.

7770 all the way!

|| CPU: Core i7 3770k @ 4.6gHz || RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600mHz || GPU: nVidia GTX 670 ||

yea great then ill be going for 7770...... nd what overall configuration shud be the most appropriate in 450$ (US) ???

one more prob.! :\ AMD says that RECOMMENDED psu shud be of 500w. i dont hav a budget to go tat far.... i will stick to corsair vs-450.....so?? should i go for 7770 if there is not much prob?? or shud i stick to 650... it requires minimum 400w psu... ????

They usually add a little extra than what's needed, there will be no harm getting a quality 500W PSU but I'd recommend looking at an Antec VP-450W, it's a great PSU for $40, one of the best low cost power supplies.