@TiniestCosine65, the 9590 wont be a good chip for you

reasons:

1) it will require a huge psu to power it

2) it requires an expensive cooler to tame it

3) the performance isnt that great, a modern i7 will outperform it anyday

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, TiniestCosine65 said:

I definitely want a after market cooler, and on a budget, I think amd is the way to go for this contest. Do you think the 9590 will be fine with a nice air cooler, around 100 bucks.

the thing about the amd 9590 is that it has way worse IPC (instructions per clock) than the intel skylake which means it will be worse in gaming. also if you go for an i7 it will outperform it in any way. also it consumes like half the power

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

I chose a 750W for the first reason. Coolers is why we are here talking, and I have 100 bucks left on the budget to get one. And I realize a modern i7 will outperform it. I already said that I choose Intel normally, but I'm on a budget, and this is a fast chip

When I was looking into Skylake at the beginning, I started with Intel because I know they are better, I was reaching my budget before my build was over. With AMD I get a little less power, but a lot lest cost.

35 minutes ago, TiniestCosine65 said:

We have $1000 budget, and it was just the highest clocked processor for a budget price. We are not allowed to overclock.

People have already clearly shown you that it's possible to fit an i7 into a $1000 build. If you're not overclocking, what's the point of spending $100 on a CPU cooler? To make it look nice?

Trust me, $1000 is not a restrictive budget. Go Intel.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

because that build is efficient enough you dont need 750W!

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/236j8d
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/236j8d/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($309.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170-GAMING 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($31.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($56.97 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Western Digital WD Green 750GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($39.87 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($309.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($55.99 @ Directron) 
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS30 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer  ($39.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $994.66
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-09 10:57 EDT-0400

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

Ill look back into it. But if I was to stick with this current build, my question that started this topic was I need to find a water cooler to fit the space requirements. Once I get a nice AMD build done, I will go back to Intel and see if I can better it.

Ill just figure something out. My initial quest isn't getting answered. ChrisCross, You are giving a ton of helpful info. But I do know quite a bit, I am in Votech for computer support. I realize Intel beats AMD any day of the week. I was just playing around with the budget to see all my possibilities

Ill look back into it. But if I was to stick with this current build, my question that started this topic was I need to find a water cooler to fit the space requirements. Once I get a nice AMD build done, I will go back to Intel and see if I can better it.

seriously dont do the amd build. also water cooling without overclocking is a waste of money too.

the last one i posted should be pretty awesome. i can change to 750W psu if you really want to. but i explained that this is not needed

TiniestCosine65

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rVJ2qs
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rVJ2qs/by_merchant/

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($66.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: A-Data XPG Z1 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($38.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 Fury 4GB Video Card  ($469.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Raidmax ATX-404WU ATX Mid Tower Case  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1000.92

Only reason I was saying water cooling is because this chip runs so hot. It was just a possibility I was lookin at. Not the final decision. And I realize 750W is overkill, but that's the reason. So that it is not having to run at full potential all the time, and so that there is future upgradability.

Just now, Aditya0002 said:

too less storage

Only reason I was saying water cooling is because this chip runs so hot. It was just a possibility I was lookin at. Not the final decision. And I realize 750W is overkill, but that's the reason. So that it is not having to run at full potential all the time, and so that there is future upgradability.

the thing is if you want to upgrade down the road you will porbably use more modern parts which are even more energy efficient. so that doesnt really make sense too. one example beeing the new 16nm gpu's that will come out.

you could even take a 970 instead of a 390 so the system will only use 320W. would be a little slower though

Just now, ChrisCross said:

too less storage

but it's a contest and ssd is better than hdd (i think cheap ssd would be a better option )

Just now, Aditya0002 said:

but it's a contest and ssd is better than hdd (i think cheap ssd would be a better option )

yeah i know but i used a 500gb ssd and he said its not enough

28 minutes ago, ChrisCross said:

because that build is efficient enough you dont need 750W!

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/236j8d
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/236j8d/by_merchant/

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170-GAMING 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($31.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($56.97 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Western Digital WD Green 750GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($39.87 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($309.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($55.99 @ Directron) 
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS30 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer  ($39.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $994.66

Your psu isn´t much better than the CX you know.

32 minutes ago, TiniestCosine65 said:

I chose a 750W for the first reason. Coolers is why we are here talking, and I have 100 bucks left on the budget to get one. And I realize a modern i7 will outperform it. I already said that I choose Intel normally, but I'm on a budget, and this is a fast chip

Do you have to use the 2500? Or is that just what you chose?

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

Your psu isn´t much better than the CX you know.

yeah but its 10$ cheaper. 

Just now, ChrisCross said:

yeah but its 10$ cheaper. 

Fair, but I wouldn´t put it anywhere near anything that´s as expensive and power hungry as a 390.

Fair, but I wouldn´t put it anywhere near anything that´s as expensive and power hungry as a 390.

its 600W 80+ bronze. and the cpu uses not more than 100W so there is around 450W for the 390 left. with an 80+ bronze thats enough.

i would agree with you if it wouldnt be 80+ bronze or from a reputable brand

I picked the case because we also have a size limit, and it was just inside the size limit but had a ton of room inside.

I picked the case because we also have a size limit, and it was just inside the size limit but had a ton of room inside.

What´s the size limit?

2 minutes ago, ChrisCross said:

its 600W 80+ bronze. and the cpu uses not more than 100W so there is around 450W for the 390 left. with an 80+ bronze thats enough.

i would agree with you if it wouldnt be 80+ bronze or from a reputable brand

Yeah, it could be a 80+ Gold and I still wouldn´t put that psu with a 390. It´s electrical efficiency means nothing, the psu´s quality is sub par at best and you can do much better. 

What´s the size limit?

Yeah, it could be a 80+ Gold and I still wouldn´t put that psu with a 390. It´s electrical efficiency means nothing, the psu´s quality is sub par at best and you can do much better. 

80+ ratings are not just about efficienty. its about stability of the voltage and reliability too. thats the reason why there are psu's with over 87% efficienty which still are 80+ bronze.

also you should know that if your picking up something as high end as a 80+ gold or titanium its going to be able to handle way more power than advertised.

1 minute ago, ChrisCross said:

80+ ratings are not just about efficienty. its about stability of the voltage and reliability too. thats the reason why there are psu's with over 87% efficienty which still are 80+ bronze.

also you should know that if your picking up something as high end as a 80+ gold or titanium its going to be able to handle way more power than advertised.

Yes, I´m aware. YOU should be aware that that´s still no measure for the internal component quality of the unit.