Good fan controller and fans?

Flying_Belgian
Go to solution Solved by Moonzy,

maybe a PWM fan splitter/hub will do you better?

since they can be software controlled

just make sure your motherboard header supports pwm for the hub to work

or supports the wattage that your fans need if you opt for the splitter, can check the motherboard manual for this

blue accents fan? corsair AF/SP 120? with the blue rings

Eyo

I recently build myself a system

Spoiler

4d8ae17afd.png

And I am using my 2 stock fans that came with the s340 an i plugged them in through a molex cable because I couldnt find enough system fan pins to connect my fans and they always are at full power and that makes them noisy as hell so right now I'm looking for a fan controller (that doesnt use a drive bay with IO in the front of the case because the s340 doesnt have that.) and some fans with blue accents (lighting isnt necessary).

P.S. I live in Belgium and my budget is limited but i am willing to spend a bit more for quality. (max for fans is 20 euros each and for the fan controller, IDK dont know the prices of them.)

Thanks in advance!

or supports the wattage that your fans need if you opt for the splitter, can check the motherboard manual for this

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

9 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

I think the PWM fan hub will do good (ill check my mobo for suppert :) thanks for the tip... would have forgotten otherwhise.)

As for the fans is there any real difference (besides looks) between the af or sp series. (I think the sp series look damn nice)

EDIT : After some googling i saw that the sp are rather for cooling rads and the af rather for case fans. So i think the AF series would be a better choice for me.

6 minutes ago, Flying_Belgian said:

As for the fans is there any real difference (besides looks) between the af or sp series. (I think the sp series look damn nice)

AF = air flow

SP = static pressure

here's a video about types of fans

Spoiler

i would personally just get the SP fans

since they'll be great at restrictive situations and also perform decently in air flow siatuations

unless you need directed air flow to one of your components, get an air flow fan for that

since SP fans tend to blow out air at a bigger angle (not focused)

also, if you're using splitters, its best if you dont mix the types of fans on the splitter

always use the same type of fans on a splitter if you use DC control

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

AF = air flow

SP = static pressure

here's a video about types of fans

Hide contents

i would personally just get the SP fans

since they'll be great at restrictive situations and also perform decently in air flow siatuations

unless you need directed air flow to one of your components, get an air flow fan for that

since SP fans tend to blow out air at a bigger angle (not focused)

also, if you're using splitters, its best if you dont mix the types of fans on the splitter

always use the same type of fans on a splitter

Ow, i thought that the af would be better but if you say that sp will do the job i'd rather take those ... they look better IMO.

Thanks for the advice, It helped me a lot ...  (way too many fans on the market.)