best free place to learn HTML and CSS

GreezyJeezy

so i want to learn how to code a website where is the best place to learn this for free, i just need the basics because i know how to code some other languages.

and do i only need to know HTML and CSS or is there others needed for a web site?

5 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

so i want to learn how to code a website where is the best place to learn this for free, i just need the basics because i know how to code some other languages.

and do i only need to know HTML and CSS or is there others needed for a web site?

you may also want to consider javascript, although its on the way out apparently

I am also interested in such resources and have not found them

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

2 minutes ago, PCgamer324 said:

you may also want to consider javascript, although its on the way out apparently

I am also interested in such resources and have not found them

Java is annoying and dead. I tried that as my first language but then switched to Python and then Leaned Haskell but I forgot a lot of Haskell 

4 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Java is annoying and dead. I tried that as my first language but then switched to Python and then Leaned Haskell but I forgot a lot of Haskell 

JavaScript DOES NOT EQUAL Java. Very extremely common misconception. You can use Java, but don't. I would also suggest looking into PHP. Not sure what type of website you're wanting to make, but PHP could prove useful. In any case, basic JavaScript is usually a must for some things even though tricky CSS can bypass most basic JavaScript 

EDIT: Also, if you decide just HTML/CSS I found the best way to learn is to decide what you want to make, as in, a basic design/layout of the website, then research individual elements. For example, you might decide to make a full screen wesbite so you google how to make an image stretch to screen size. Hot to make text this colour, how to align things this way etc.

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

4 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Sorry my friend Java is not JavaScript, they are completely different languages. Java is no way near dead. JavaScript is no way near dead, infact JavaScript is actually the most used language in the world, use it

i recommed to learn the basics on codeacademy, and to learn the rest from w3schools. w3. i don't recommed to begin with w3schools, becouse the explanation is'nt as good as at other websites, but it has the most handsome information.