Thoughts on skull candy Crusher headphones?

Drkrinklez

What do you guys think about them? How do you like the sound quality, does it live up to its "Feel the bass" name? Is it worth the money? Thanks!

Utter and compete garbage

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

9 minutes ago, spwath said:

Utter and compete garbage

what do you recommend for some headphones I can take on the go? 

18 minutes ago, Drkrinklez said:

What do you guys think about them? How do you like the sound quality, does it live up to its "Feel the bass" name? Is it worth the money? Thanks!

I'm no audiophile but they do sound decent and are comfortable. As for the feel the bass, yes they will vibrate on the "bass drops" but they're small speakers so dont expect the effect you'd get from a 21' sub woofer. Its what I use for music and videos, the folding is nice, kicks the hell out of Dre's tin cans

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

1 hour ago, Drkrinklez said:

Do people still buy skull candy audio equipment?

Do you care about audio quality? What do you need them for? Do you already have like a DAC/AMP?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Do people still buy skull candy audio equipment?

Do you care about audio quality? What do you need them for? Do you already have like a DAC/AMP?

I'm just using them for my phone on the go, and many people buy skullcandy.

39 minutes ago, Drkrinklez said:

and many people buy skullcandy.

May god help them. Maybe it's like beats and they aren't so bad anymore, but I remember the horror stories of people having bought skull candy anything and having it only work for about a month.

You probably want to look for headphones with low impedance.

http://www.cnet.com/news/headphone-buyers-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-low-vs-high-impedance-models/

You might also want to look into a portable AMP

And potentially watch this but it's more gaming headphone related. You'll want headphones made to work well with phones, not just any old headphone

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Wait a minute, does the term headphones apply for iems? I don't see the logic of wearing headphones on the go so i can't really help you, but if earphones are your thing, i suggest the sony MDR-XB50AP. The sound good, bass is amazing, mids and highs are slightly recessed (according to reviews, i can't really tell the difference). Goddamn comfortable, but slightly sticking out. the wires and inline mic and single-button control is light enough not to weigh the earphones down. Oh and tangle-resistant flat serrated cable

The above is based on reviews and my own agreement because i own a pair, and i love them.

I got mine because of this :http://headphonesaddict.com/best-bass-earbuds/

13 hours ago, Drkrinklez said:

Skullcandy always gives you a great bang for the buck and had amazing customer service....

13 minutes ago, Flitz35 said:

Skullcandy always gives you a great bang for the buck and had amazing customer service....

I had skullcandy hesh. Terrible for 50$. Very uncomfortable, cheap feeling, and sounded bad.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

21 minutes ago, Flitz35 said:

lol right... I'd sooner have a pair of $15 Monoprice 8323 over pretty much ANYTHING Skullcandy with the exception of the SLYR which was actually made by the Astro team that Skullcandy acquired. That said, for $50 there is the Creative Aurvana Live! that is very very well known as exceptional value for the price in the audio world and tops anything Skullcandy. 

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2