Razer Deathadder 2013 Mouse Wheel Issue

Dr. Éclair

I got a Razer Deathadder 2013 and I like it a lot. Recently though, if I scroll too fast, it will scroll both the direction I input and the other way at the same time. So basically, instead of scrolling, the page I'm looking at just jitters up and down. If I scroll very delicately however, it will pick it up fine. I'm fairly confident in my ability to fix this stuff but I don't know where to start and I haven't found much about the issue anywhere.

Not sure of mechanism for capturing the scrolling on death adder, but usually either optical reader dinky is out of place slightly, or if it is a mechanical system the assembly dinky is going. seems a common issue for these... mostly had it in really cheapo mice too, so i guess it's whatever fails, look around the assembly it should be fairly obvious on what senses it, it;ll either be wheel with black lines drawn to it to "see" the movement or it'll be held in a mechanical hickity thingy.

Do you think I might have to replace the mechanism or what?

it really depends on the fault, might get away with bending something in place etc.