Which power supply do you think I should take?

iAhM@D

Hello guyz,

My build will have Maximus Vi Formula,i7-4770k, Crucial SSD M4 256GB, WD HDD Caviar Black 2TB, G.Skill Ripjaws X series 32GB Ram, Blueray drive and maybe I'll have additional DVD/CD drive, Corsair H100i radiator,Hot swapable bay for both HDD and SSD, Haven't really decided about the graphics card yet but definitely going for a single graphics card, Not really sure about Overclocking but I may step forward to it.

Is the AX860i enough for me? Or shall I go higher to AX1200i?

Thanks in advance.

corsair rm series is all im recommending now cuz its cheap and great

but the ax860i should be good enuf

why do you need 32 gb of ram? 16 should be plenty for rendering and stuff.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

why do you need 32 gb of ram? 16 should be plenty for rendering and stuff.

Because I'll be running virtual machines in it, training and labs mostly if you'll wonder why would I run virtual machines.

A 650W like a XFX Core 650w would be more than enough if you are only going with a single card configuration.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I would say go with the AX860i :) I went with the 1200i myself only to find that my system didn´t demand half of it... :(

So 860w is the highest I would go :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300