Cheap PC case that supports MicroATX and slimline PSU

SirPatrickStewart
Go to solution Solved by SLAYR,
9 minutes ago, SirPatrickStewart said:

Hi guys, so I'm having a hard time upgrading an old PC. I'm looking for a inexpensive (25-40$ USD) slimline case that'll support this shape of power supply and this motherboard.

Any help will be appreciated. No GPU is going into this case, just the basics for light browsing / office work.

There something like this that is only 3.9 inches thick and has an included psu, but the quality may not be so good on them, but plenty for office use.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/apex-case-ds539

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/apex-case-dm317a

9 minutes ago, SirPatrickStewart said:

Hi guys, so I'm having a hard time upgrading an old PC. I'm looking for a inexpensive (25-40$ USD) slimline case that'll support this shape of power supply and this motherboard.

Any help will be appreciated. No GPU is going into this case, just the basics for light browsing / office work.

There something like this that is only 3.9 inches thick and has an included psu, but the quality may not be so good on them, but plenty for office use.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/apex-case-ds539

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/apex-case-dm317a

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Those cases seem good for office, but if you want to look at some mid-tower like these (IMO for office you could save some space):

Edited by silraks
changed the third link so it shows prices without the mail in rebates, because who needs those

I5 4460 | Sapphire RX480 Nitro | MSI H81M-E34 | 8 GB | Fractal Design Core 2500 | Silverstone SST-ST50F-PB | Monitor 27-inch EW2750 | Roccat SKELTR+ (giveaway from linus)

My six year old (second rig):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | GPU: 1024MB NVIDIA GT 730 under-powered gigabyte GeForce 9800 GT (Gigabyte OP Silent cell stuff) | 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz | MOBO: Intel DP43TF | 

3 minutes ago, silraks said:

Those cases seem good for office, but if you want to look at some mid-tower like these (IMO for office you could save some space):

I quite like the first one since it's definitely a money-saver coming from Newegg's promo. My only problem is, will my PSU fit fine in there? I'm asking this because I fear it may not have a spot to latch onto or will overlap the motherboard, causing me to return it.

I think the standard ATX psu will most-likely fit in there. And i don't think it would overlap the motherboard.

Better info then the rear I/O picture won't be found. Just bite the bullet, and trust the standards (except if you use something like RMx psu xD)

I5 4460 | Sapphire RX480 Nitro | MSI H81M-E34 | 8 GB | Fractal Design Core 2500 | Silverstone SST-ST50F-PB | Monitor 27-inch EW2750 | Roccat SKELTR+ (giveaway from linus)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | GPU: 1024MB NVIDIA GT 730 under-powered gigabyte GeForce 9800 GT (Gigabyte OP Silent cell stuff) | 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz | MOBO: Intel DP43TF | 

1 minute ago, silraks said:

I think the standard ATX psu will most-likely fit in there. And i don't think it would overlap the motherboard.

Better info then the rear I/O picture won't be found. Just bite the bullet, and trust the standards (except if you use something like RMx psu xD)

Welp, I don't have a standard PSU, just the slim one (as originally linked above). I suppose I'll be sticking with one of SLAYR's options.

Glad i was able to help!

Just now, silraks said:

Glad i was able to help!

Yeah, thanks anyway. Much appreciated. =)