Tesla Blames hubris for failing to deliver enough Model X's last quarter

Sybre

Tesla had serious issues delivering all the Model X's that were needed for the demand. The car parts that actually caused the slowdown were only about 6, out of the 8000 in total. In the Statement, this was because of shortages in parts. In Tesla's statement they mentioned it was their Hubris' fault for simply adding too much technology to their car. They also claimed it was certain issues like not being able to manufacture certain parts on their own, and insufficient supplier validation. This is actually really interesting because this means that there might be a wall in Tesla's fabrication considering they are pushing the demand for parts considerably higher, though they claimed they were working on it with their model 3.

Tesla's Statment

http://ir.teslamotors.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=963460

The Verge's article

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/4/11364540/tesla-model-x-production-slow-deliveries-statement

1 hour ago, Sybre said:

This is actually really interesting because this means that there might be a wall in Tesla's fabrication considering they are pushing the demand for parts considerably higher, though they claimed they were working on it with their model 3.

tesla-model-x-production-slow-deliveries-statement

Model 3 is also a simpler car then the model x, soo it might be not be as big a deal. 

They had some difficulties with the falcon wing doors if I remember correctly.

Modified Raijintek Metis Mini-ITX Case Build:

Gigabyte Z170N-Wifi Motherboard  |  Intel i5-6600K 3.5 GHz CPU  |  16GB DDR4 2133MHz RAM  |  EVGA GTX 950 |  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD  | Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W  |  Noctua NH-D9L CPU Cooler  |  (3) Noctua NF-F12 Case Fans

4 minutes ago, Arty said:

Model 3 is also a simpler car then the model x, soo it might be not be as big a deal. 

Yes of course, but that doesn't absolve the problem.The issue might be a serious demand  problem. I mean people are preordaining cars, what if they have the same problem again and many people will have to wait a ridiculous amount of time. Like the statement said, if there's one piece missing they can't send out the car.

1 minute ago, Sybre said:

Yes of course, but that doesn't absolve the problem.The issue might be a serious demand  problem. I mean people are preordaining cars, what if they have the same problem again and many people will have to wait a ridiculous amount of time. Like the statement said, if there's one piece missing they can't send out the car.

i don't think anyone expects the model 3 to be in actual production till end of 2018 or early/mid 2019. ....at the least

30 minutes ago, Arty said:

i don't think anyone expects the model 3 to be in actual production till end of 2018 or early/mid 2019. ....at the least

Tesla seems to think otherwise considering that they plan to start deliveries at the back end of next year...

54 minutes ago, TheMcSame said:

Tesla seems to think otherwise considering that they plan to start deliveries at the back end of next year...

"Start"

end of next year

"finish"

TBD

They may only be able to produce a little at first before ramping to full scale. 

40 minutes ago, Arty said:

"Start"

end of next year

"finish"

TBD

They may only be able to produce a little at first before ramping to full scale. 

Doesn't matter when the finish is, the fact is that Tesla thinks they'll get it into production AND get some delivered before 2018, rendering your original comment completely wrong... I also doubt any manufacturer is going to publish the date they'll stop delivering cars when the car in question hasn't even been released... 

15 hours ago, TheMcSame said:

Doesn't matter when the finish is, the fact is that Tesla thinks they'll get it into production AND get some delivered before 2018, rendering your original comment completely wrong... I also doubt any manufacturer is going to publish the date they'll stop delivering cars when the car in question hasn't even been released... 

Look at the model x..... Thier still trying to hand out pre-orders.....  

I'm taking about the time when production will be in actual size that Elon wants 500k per year