Bios Start Page shows 6 keyboards

Go to solution Solved by chiwas,

Open Even Viewer (win+r and type "eventvwr") > Windows Logs > System and check the details of Warning logs.

I have been running into a lot of stability issues with my pc.  I have exhausted almost everything I can think of.....then I noticed my boot up bios screen showing I have 6 keyboards connected.  

Anyone seen something like that before?

bios.jpeg

yeah that generally happens when you have 6 keyboards plugged in. i would check the rear end of your pc and see how many usb devices are connected. if there are 6 keyboards connected, that's your problem...

11 minutes ago, canadiansteve2 said:

yeah that generally happens when you have 6 keyboards plugged in. i would check the rear end of your pc and see how many usb devices are connected. if there are 6 keyboards connected, that's your problem...

He also has 4 mice. Impressive. An array of USB ports is behind his monitor.

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

Haha okay it says 6 keyboards but its misreading the sata ports those are drives right???

1 minute ago, Ghostay said:

He also has 4 mice. Impressive. An array of USB ports is behind his monitor.

seriously. unplug everything man including that 50 port usb hub you've got stashed back there and then reboot.

I dont have  50 usb hub.  I don't even have a usb hub installed on this pc.  However, I will unplug, reboot

11 minutes ago, Sailordude9980 said:

I dont have  50 usb hub.  I don't even have a usb hub installed on this pc.  However, I will unplug, reboot

just messing. it says overlcoking failed at the bottom. I'd revert to stock clocks at the moment

We all know this is a show off. 6 keyboards, 5 ssds , 4 mices, 6700k, 32GB of ram...

JK, this smells like USB controler issue. Do you see those devices in windows device manager?

6 minutes ago, chiwas said:

We all know this is a show off. 6 keyboards, 5 ssds , 4 mices, 6700k, 32GB of ram...

JK, this smells like USB controler issue. Do you see those devices in windows device manager?

agreed. bro just because you have 5 more keyboards than i do doesn't make you a better person

I dont know if you have heard or not, but I am kind of a big deal (kidding)  Also note (I normally do not display my rig setup in my sig for that very reason.  (35years old too)

The overclock fail is not correct.  I have all my bios settings set up default optimum.  

usb.JPG

1 minute ago, Sailordude9980 said:

I dont know if you have heard or not, but I am kind of a big deal (kidding)  Also note (I normally do not display my rig setup in my sig for that very reason.  (35years old too)

The overclock fail is not correct.  I have all my bios settings set up default optimum.  

usb.JPG

i knew there were hubs plugged in

Just now, canadiansteve2 said:

and 2 asus rog monitors

Actually its 3 monitors

Im looking at the back off my pc,  I do not have one usb hub plugged into my pc

Just now, Sailordude9980 said:

Actually its 3 monitors

im quite jealous right now. congrats man 9_9

Do you have any real problems with those USB devices?

No, just that my computer is really unstable.  Freezes after an hour.  All other t/s tests I have run have passed:

Heat

Default Bios

Latest software, firmware for win 10 and all devices.

10 minutes ago, canadiansteve2 said:

im quite jealous right now. congrats man 9_9

You shouldn't be.  You could probably kick my rear in every FPS, RPG, MMO game.

only battlefront man :'D 

what gpu and psu do you have in there. I have freezes when i cant provide enough power to the components. 

What stability issues are you experiencing?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

PC locks up "freezes" at random.  I dont see any error codes to associate with the problem

@canadiansteve2I have 2 EVGA GTX 980Ti GPUs and Corsair Ax 1200i,  

6 hours ago, chiwas said:

Open Even Viewer (win+r and type "eventvwr") > Windows Logs > System and check the details of Warning logs.

Didn't think to go to the logs.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I was able to look up the error code then google it for an answer.  Thanks :)

7 hours ago, Sailordude9980 said:

Didn't think to go to the logs.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I was able to look up the error code then google it for an answer.  Thanks :)

Np. What was it?