THE LONG DARK, a first-person post-disaster survival sim

So this looks pretty freaking sweet. 

Kickstarter link Here

The people involved with making this game have all worked on triple A titles like "Far cry 3" and "God of war"

The game takes place in a post apocalyptic world, where surviving is implemented differently than other post apocalyptic games.

"There isn't really a game out there right now that delves into the nitty gritty details of what you would have to do to survive, and in the Long Dark we're really focused on that."

UPDATE:

They gave a lot of information on what exactly gameplay will be like.

I can assume by now that this game will be 3D.

Good details here

I think the calorie concept and staying warm are both really cool.

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

I would never pledge until I have seen some real gameplay anyone can make a video talking about their game 

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

I would never pledge until I have seen some real gameplay anyone can make a video talking about their game 

Same.. but the idea is pretty awesome, and the people behind it seem pretty solid.

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

Same.. but the idea is pretty awesome, and the people behind it seem pretty solid.

That's just not good enough for me even when people have a good idea and good intentions they can get in over their head, I do hope they manage to do it and make a great game though but I'll wait until they have until I consider giving them my money too many people pledge without thinking it through 

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

I will only play it if it is a multiplayer FPS on Xbox 360

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

This looks really cool... I'm very wary about Kickstarter games though, they have a pretty bad track record in general.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Normally the same and I am tempted to not do it but I think I will, I like the concept and the people behind it are impressive. And sure its only $15 CAD and sure thats like €2 euro or something :P

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

So this looks pretty freaking sweet. 

Kickstarter link Here

The people involved with making this game have all worked on triple A titles like "Far cry 3" and "God of war"

The game takes place in a post apocalyptic world, where surviving is implemented differently than other post apocalyptic games.

Lmao please. Day Z

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay ! THIS.

When they show me gameplay, and it will have some really AAA graphics with Newest Engine on Physics and npc behaviour, I will recommend and buy this game to every gamer i know :D

No, really, If they implement really great graphics (but really great ones) it will be very cruel (in a  good meaning) to play this game.

This looks really cool... I'm very wary about Kickstarter games though, they have a pretty bad track record in general.

Actually they don't at all tbh. I have invested in about 10 or more Kickstarter games at this stage and they are all on track. Don't get me wrong, like in the industry, there are a few who fail but for the most part they are doing well tbh

Okay ! THIS.

When they show me gameplay, and it will have some really AAA graphics with Newest Engine on Physics and npc behaviour, I will recommend and buy this game to every gamer i know :D

No, really, If they implement really great graphics (but really great ones) it will be very cruel (in a  good meaning) to play this game.

Do you not think that gameplay and mechanics are important? I have to say that I thought that The Unfinished Swan looked incredible and while not the biggest LOL fan it looks good so I have confidence in Hokyo Lim.

Personally I think that it will be the mechanics that will define this game and from the people there its looking like it will be a good project

You know, some times you just have to take a leap. I invested in Project Eternity & ShadowRun Returns with just concept art and based on the people behind the project and I am more excited about them then anything else tbh and Sure look at Planetary Annihilation, that was just a video based off what they imagined they would make and now its a fully fledged game that by all reports is incredible. You have to take a leap of faith sometimes :)

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Actually they don't at all tbh. I have invested in about 10 or more Kickstarter games at this stage and they are all on track. Don't get me wrong, like in the industry, there are a few who fail but for the most part they are doing well tbh

Do you not think that gameplay and mechanics are important? I have to say that I thought that The Unfinished Swan looked incredible and while not the biggest LOL fan it looks good so I have confidence in Hokyo Lim.

Personally I think that it will be the mechanics that will define this game and from the people there its looking like it will be a good project

You know, some times you just have to take a leap. I invested in Project Eternity & ShadowRun Returns with just concept art and based on the people behind the project and I am more excited about them then anything else tbh and Sure look at Planetary Annihilation, that was just a video based off what they imagined they would make and now its a fully fledged game that by all reports is incredible. You have to take a leap of faith sometimes :)

Well wait, Iam waitng that game mechanics will be great , automatically :D i dont want to see just how they crawl through forest with good graphics, normal interaction and storyline .. Although i think the story behind this wont be something incredible. So game mechanics, But iam talking about immersion. On one half iam already thinking that this must have great game mechanics on the other half its kickstarter game, so yeah i will be happy with AAA graphics, and immersive features.

Well wait, Iam waitng that game mechanics will be great , automatically :D i dont want to see just how they crawl through forest with good graphics, normal interaction and storyline .. Although i think the story behind this wont be something incredible. So game mechanics, But iam talking about immersion. On one half iam already thinking that this must have great game mechanics on the other half its kickstarter game, so yeah i will be happy with AAA graphics, and immersive features.

You cant expect AAA graphics on an indie project getting backed for $200,000. 

Halo 3 = 55 Million

Crysis 3 = 65 Million

Skyrim = 80 Million

GT 5 = 75 Million

FF XIII = 55 Million

You expect AAA graphics from $200,000???

tbh SirPaul, I think you don't really know what is realistic here. AAA graphics from this project is just never going to happen, ever. But, can the game be good? Yes. Can the game be immersive? Yes. Can the game provide you with a unique and substantial experience? Hells yes.

Halo 3 = 55 Million

Crysis 3 = 65 Million

Skyrim = 80 Million

GT 5 = 75 Million

FF XIII = 55 Million

tbh SirPaul, I think you don't really know what is realistic here. AAA graphics from this project is just never going to happen, ever. But, can the game be good? Yes. Can the game be immersive? Yes. Can the game provide you with a unique and substantial experience? Hells yes.

Pulling figures out your ass sun? GTA5 had over 200mill backing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will only play it if it is a multiplayer FPS on Xbox 360

Are you trolling or are you serious?

Halo 3 = 55 Million

Crysis 3 = 65 Million

Skyrim = 80 Million

GT 5 = 75 Million

FF XIII = 55 Million

idk man, Star citizen's funding goal was 2 million. 2 million for the finished star citizen. With that small of a budget the graphics in it are way better than the graphics in any of the games listed. 

Not GTA 5, Gran Turismo 5.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr 3 @ 1150 MHz core/6300 MHz memory | Motherboard: Some crap OEM H67 mATX board | RAM: 16GB Patriot G2 Series Division 4 @ 1333 MHz | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i | Mouse: CM Storm Inferno | Keyboard: crap OEM keyboard (Soon to be replaced with a CM Storm Quickfire TK) | Headphones: Audiotechnica ATH-M50's | Speakers: Corsair SP2500's

Not GTA 5, Gran Turismo 5.

Ah okay. & Eh doesn't really matter in the end the game looks retarded. Better options for zombies or survival.

Read before you get so aggressive. As for the figures, look them up. I might be off by a few mill but its from memory, Think I am allowed a bit of leeway ;)

idk man, Star citizen's funding goal was 2 million. 2 million for the finished star citizen. With that small of a budget the graphics in it are way better than the graphics in any of the games listed.

Those gamers are on the larger scale in fairness, but it was to illustrate a point. Specifically regarding Star Citizen's budget is no where near those AAA games it is however not $2 million, not even close. Try 10x that tbh.

After the Kickstarter campaign had ended, funding continued through the game's website, which reports having raised over $19 million. It reached the $18 million milestone on September 6, 2013. This made Star Citizen the largest crowd-funded project ever. The estimated total dollar amount required to finish the development of the game is around $23 million. The game will continue to collect crowd-funded donations until its expected release date in December 2014.

Source:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-02-star-citizen-raises-an-astronomical-USD15-million

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Citizen

Read before you get so aggressive. As for the figures, look them up. I might be off by a few mill but its from memory, Think I am allowed a bit of leeway ;)

Those gamers are on the larger scale in fairness, but it was to illustrate a point. Specifically regarding Star Citizen's budget is no where near those AAA games it is however not $2 million, not even close. Try 10x that tbh.

Source:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-02-star-citizen-raises-an-astronomical-USD15-million

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Citizen

I figured GT was grand theft auto, which has been blown up recently, and would have been a great example in your figures.

Are you trolling or are you serious?

... serious...

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Anyone doubting the games budget or anything like that should read their latest update.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hinterlandgames/the-long-dark-a-first-person-post-disaster-surviva/posts/607852

Long and short is that they have already raised over a million, aside from Kickstarter, but they feel that the vision they have just needs an extra little bit and hence Kickstarter. So regardless of what goes on with this campaign the game is getting made, just if the Kickstarter fails it might not be as good

tbh I'm even more happy now that I took the risk, sight unseen and all