When can you say "I know PHP"

Cruorzy

Dont get me wrong at first, I've been doing php projects a few months now, the thing is i always do the same.

Setting up sql to store data in it and maybe upload a photo/video here and there and make it display etc etc.

Done some login pages / registration pages.

I had some struggle since i cannot say if i really know the basics or even a bit more, personally i think a monkey can write better/smarter code than me atm.

So this gets me to the question "When can i say i know the SOME php",

Can i say this when i can get certain things done?

And also nice suggestions what i must have done atleast once are welcome.

I do have literally no idea, how people work in Front/Back-end environments and what the basic knowledge is.

Not that im looking for a job in specific PHP or maybe programming at all, i just find it really interesting at the moment.

Doing research everyday about how i can make my projects better, spend about 5-8 hours each to it. even learned and watched 6-7 hour Lynda course about Git.

Which im not going to use when im alone but when i finally come to that point when im more secure about what im doing it would be awesome to use in groups.

//Off-topic

If you bought a keyboard specific to your needs, what did you look for?

Switches/Key caps/Wired or wireless or even maybe macros..

Have been looking a while now for a good one and since the Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum has some nice test results and money is not really a issue, i'd like maybe to go wireless since i hate cables! :D

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

When can you say "I know PHP"

When you have built enough projects with it to realize that you might want to check some other languages out too, like Python or Ruby :P I absolutely love PHP, it's great to start with and it's very relevant with the loads of CMS that use it, but after some point you are left wanting more :(

//Off-topic

You might want to make a new thread about this.. Too many variables and opinions. Personally I hate wireless mice because I game too and I need my mouse to be fast, responsive and accurate. Wireless mice are slowly getting there, but for now cable is the way to go for many of us. err... keyboards, right. Same thing applies to them for me, lol.

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

On topic question:

when you know enough to make the applications you have to and when you can adapt this knowledge to learn new stuff for other type of applications.

hearing what you say: you are probably intermediate with PHP. You know a bit of the basics, the most relevant thing for it (MySQL stuff with PHP) and you can probably easily learn new stuff for it, but you dont remember ALL of it.

Off topic question:

I haven't (yet??) bought one in the recent years, but have been looking at the options out there.

You just have to get what you will use.

For example I would like a TKL (or at least small) board with backlight (RGB not nescecary), Blue or Red switches preferably and macros are not a must.

Under 80-90 euros budget.

What I end with is probably a Cosair K65, refurbished K70, something by CM Storm or something by Ducky

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, Minibois said:

You know a bit of the basics, the most relevant thing for it (MySQL stuff with PHP) and you can probably easily learn new stuff for it, but you dont remember ALL of it.

To be honest, nobody remembers ALL of anything, especially people working with multiple languages. You just get a grasp of how it works and how the syntax is used correctly - then it's all pretty much close for every language. I always use libraries when I'm working, because I tend to forget specific commands and their syntax or confuse them with other languages.

~ Specs bellow ~

CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

1 minute ago, SaladFingers said:

To be honest, nobody remembers ALL of anything, especially people working with multiple languages. You just get a grasp of how it works and how the syntax is used correctly - then it's all pretty much close for every language. I always use libraries when I'm working, because I tend to forget specific commands and their syntax or confuse them with other languages.

You don't have to remember all commands off the top of your head (wow, that would be impossible!), but you just have to for example kinda know what you would have to search for in a specific circumstance (like if you had to do some calculations using pi in PHP, I don't even expect the professionals to know how exactly to do that, but at least know what to search for)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

10 minutes ago, Minibois said:

You don't have to remember all commands off the top of your head (wow, that would be impossible!), but you just have to for example kinda know what you would have to search for in a specific circumstance (like if you had to do some calculations using pi in PHP, I don't even expect the professionals to know how exactly to do that, but at least know what to search for)

Right, that's exactly what I'm saying. You can't remember everything but you know how it works and where to look for what you want.

~ Specs bellow ~

when you don't have to ask questions like this and have confidence in yourself.

i want to die

When you can design and build large systems that are actually reliable, unlike what a lot of PHP programmers are capable of, who by my experience are copy-paste masters and can't write a damn thing themselves.