EKWB Predator 240, is it enough for 6700K and 980ti

Hi people, I have a question, well, the title kinda says it all. 

Though, I'm gonna be picky with the right answer. 

I'm looking for an experienced person's answer to my question. 

I already got an answer from EKWB that the DDC pump in Predator 240 is enough for the full loop, meaning cpu and gpu blocks.

But EK support told be that they suggest I add a 120mm radiator to the loop for GPU. 

I'm one of the first people to order the Predator 240 and find the leak issue. 

Before EK called for a recall, I got a replacement unit. And after recall, I got a refund for the second unit I got. 

So now, I have $200, 6700k with Noctua U9S, (which is just fine actually cooling 6700k, 4.6GHz, 1.35V, but you know watercooling is just for extra awesomeness) and a 980ti from EVGA (4995 one).

yea some unnecessary info, but whatever. 

I've been thinking about getting prefilled 980ti block and Predator 240 with QDC. 

I want an answer that will help me make decision on whether 240rad is enough. 

Thanks. 

PS, I'm okay with temps over 60C for people who think thats too hot. would consider 70C a bit uncomfortable.

i dont think it would be enough with a 240mm, might be if you dont run any overclocks but otherwise add more radiators if you can, im not experienced with watercooling so feel free to ignore my answer but i really dont think it would be able to 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

it will work, but you wont be able to OC and your load temps will be pretty high when stressing both CPU+GPU

I personally wouldnt do it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i dont think it would be enough with a 240mm, might be if you dont run any overclocks but otherwise add more radiators if you can, im not experienced with watercooling so feel free to ignore my answer but i really dont think it would be able to 

Thanks for your input

The rule is 120mm rad per component. So your should be fine with a 240. But if you want the extra head room get another block

you should be looking for minimum 120mm of radiator per component in the loop + 120mm.  Personally I think 240mm per component

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I personally wouldnt do it

Again, thanks for your input, but that's what I (inexperienced with custom loop) would say, no disrespect

1 minute ago, kyysony said:

Again, thanks for your input, but that's what I (inexperienced with custom loop) would say, no disrespect

oh i see you edited your post

yes you would get over 70C full load on both GPU and CPU

I said I wouldnt do it because I like my PC to be quiet and dont want to run my fans at max speed just to keep the temps below 85C

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

you should be looking for minimum 120mm of radiator per component in the loop + 120mm.  Personally I think 240mm per component

I guess its always good to have some headroom, but sadly my future project doesn't have room for additional 120 

4 minutes ago, kyysony said:

I guess its always good to have some headroom, but sadly my future project doesn't have room for additional 120 

I did something like this in my old Antec 902, I modded it to house a 240mm radiator, initially just for the 4790k. I later added the 280X Vapor X to the loop and temps weren't great, going push/pull helped a bit but I eventually opted to make a new build

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

oh i see you edited your post

yes you would get over 70C full load on both GPU and CPU

I said I wouldnt do it because I like my PC to be quiet and dont want to run my fans at max speed just to keep the temps below 85C

I don't remember editing the post, but whatevs,

i generally agree with you, but in denial of the temps, only because i have no experience. 

recent  youtube video from Jayztwocents showed 240 would be fine for gpu and cpu if the fins per inch was high, but i don't know if fpi is higher side on predators

5 minutes ago, kyysony said:

I don't remember editing the post, but whatevs,

i generally agree with you, but in denial of the temps, only because i have no experience. 

recent  youtube video from Jayztwocents showed 240 would be fine for gpu and cpu if the fins per inch was high, but i don't know if fpi is higher side on predators

EK radiators are low FPI

and yes "fine" means it wont overheat

which is what I said in my first post

i also said that i wouldn't do it because I care about noise

what else are you asking for??

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

what else are you asking for??

Appreciate the Input, I guess I had the answer, just not certain. 

240 is going to work, but may be noisy, and a bit too warm.

Adding a 120 would solve the issue, buuuut I don't have the space, 

(Talking to myself:

Maybe an external 120 in the back then... )

I'm currently in the process of designing my own matx case since i don't like anyone's products. 

ATX PSU in the front top is the feature I want lol.

Thanks..

1 minute ago, kyysony said:

Appreciate the Input, I guess I had the answer, just not certain. 

240 is going to work, but may be noisy, and a bit too warm.

Adding a 120 would solve the issue, buuuut I don't have the space, 

(Talking to myself:

Maybe an external 120 in the back then... )

I'm currently in the process of designing my own matx case since i don't like anyone's products. 

ATX PSU in the front top is the feature I want lol.

Thanks..

yeah then just use a 240 and dont overclock and everything will be fine

dont cheap out on fans though

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

dont cheap out on fans though

lol, i'm noctua all the way. already own, 2000rpm ippc 120mm and 2 regular nf-f12s. also have 3000rpm ippc 140mm, but thats like jet engine

When i do the build, I'mm see if i can OC, maybe it'll work, maybe not...