Loud PSU

wkelly

In my PC I have an EVGA 650W supernova G1. It is inside an NZXT S340 and it is so loud. Is this just because the PSU is normally loud or have I got a bad one. If it is just how loud the PSU is then how can I make it quieter?

Thanks

The G1 aren't good quality but I'm not sure if it's a defect or not. Is it just the fan that is spinning loudly? Is the thing hot?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I also have EVGA NEX 650G. i went thorugh 2 and both are quite loud. EVGA psu's without the ECO switch are loud unfortunely and its normal especially with the NEX650G. its louder than the fans i have on my radiator

Socket 775 overclocking enthusiast

6 minutes ago, TX-OC said:

I also have EVGA NEX 650G. i went thorugh 2 and both are quite loud. EVGA psu's without the ECO switch are loud unfortunely and its normal especially with the NEX650G. its louder than the fans i have on my radiator

Thats because the NEX is absolute shit. 

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

2 minutes ago, FuriousGamer said:

Thats because the NEX is absolute shit. 

I had 1 brake so yeah theyre bad but not very bad, there much worse psus out there. RMA with EVGA is painless

It does however deliver the amount of power it states

Socket 775 overclocking enthusiast

22 minutes ago, TX-OC said:

I had 1 brake so yeah theyre bad but not very bad, there much worse psus out there. RMA with EVGA is painless

It does however deliver the amount of power it states

There not the worst but there bad. 

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

3 hours ago, wkelly said:

In my PC I have an EVGA 650W supernova G1. It is inside an NZXT S340 and it is so loud. Is this just because the PSU is normally loud or have I got a bad one. If it is just how loud the PSU is then how can I make it quieter?

Thanks

The G1 is rather loud. The G2/GS/GQ are the quiet ones. You can't really calm down a loud PSU unless you replace the fan which is kind of null in your case.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||