Why us, gamers? Fox reporter says we are violent.

As you read the title Why us, gamers? You think what the fuck am i talking about.

Remember your grandma, mother, or father telling you that you are violent because of what are you playing on machine you are probably using right now, computers?

Yeah, many people still believe that games cause violence. HaHa. But what was your reaction, you started to defend the gamer community? I know i would. But people never checked on any statistics, and believe in old school science.

Now why am i bringing this?

Fox News on a show Fox and friends don't really like the gamer community. Because they are provocative bitches or just believe in the "old school science"

Well a guy filmed this show and fox reporter has to say that gamers must be watched? Kinda reminds me of NSA. But lets just get straight to the point.

The reporter says "Not all gamers should be watched, but if there is a strong connections between killing and playing games, we should watch them how much do they buy games and how much do they play them" or something between those lines.

But our dear reporter  Elisabeth Hasselbeck thinks she is very smart and she "found" a connection between killings the Aron Alexis has done and games. Yes, he drank alcohol and played games. And now they are making fun of a good gamer community for him playing games, but they never spoke about alcohol he drank. Fuck YEAH!

They also gave more examples like Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold and James Holmes.

Trough the centurys people weren't looking at truth of why is a person killed, but they always looked at side things that didn't matter. TV, CINEMA AND OFC OUR DEAR PC.

Now what do you think about this?

I couldn't post a video because i didn't find a youtube video of it, it is all written down in articles:

heres the one

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/17/fox-news-hasselbeck-navy-yard-shooting-shows-need-for-video-game-registry-not-gun-control/

Because people need something to blame it on. My parents are getting on for 50 and they haven't touched a video game in their life, they say video games have nothing to do it and it's stupid that it always gets the blame.

Sorry if this already has been posted, but in general, what do you think about this?

All they're doing is trying to light a fire and get viewers... It's pointless babble that should be ignored. 

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Because people need something to blame it on. My parents are getting on for 50 and they haven't touched a video game in their life, they say video games have nothing to do it and it's stupid that it always gets the blame.

Your parents are awesome man :D

Eeeeehhhhmmmm.....

wat

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

It's not fox, it's every "news" outlet doing it. Honestly I'm tired of these conversations. We all know the answer so why even discuss it every time someone brings it up?

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

All they're doing is trying to light a fire and get viewers... It's pointless babble that should be ignored. 

What a fast response, yes i know, it shouldn't get attention, but many people still believe in this crap!

However that might just be because I've never been that violent.

No one really is violent, it just depends how do you describe violent, if you rage out a bit for a 0.75 kd ratio, it is fine, but killing? No way!

Eeeeehhhhmmmm.....

wat

Too long for you to read? :D

why they troll us

i-like-this-planet-you-get-off-futurama-

I'll say what I've always said. I never once had a desire to rip someone's head off or beat a hooker with a baseball bat and I've played MK and GTA way before I was even 18. ;)

People are unstable way before they pick up a controller, that's just the way it is. To say otherwise proves your own irrationality.

As you read the title Why us, gamers? You think what the fuck am i talking about.

Remember your grandma, mother, or father telling you that you are violent because of what are you playing on machine you are probably using right now, computers?

Yeah, many people still believe that games cause violence. HaHa. But what was your reaction, you started to defend the gamer community? I know i would. But people never checked on any statistics, and believe in old school science.

Now why am i bringing this?

Fox News on a show Fox and friends don't really like the gamer community. Because they are provocative bitches or just believe in the "old school science"

Well a guy filmed this show and fox reporter has to say that gamers must be watched? Kinda reminds me of NSA. But lets just get straight to the point.

The reporter says "Not all gamers should be watched, but if there is a strong connections between killing and playing games, we should watch them how much do they buy games and how much do they play them" or something between those lines.

But our dear reporter  Elisabeth Hasselbeck thinks she is very smart and she "found" a connection between killings the Aron Alexis has done and games. Yes, he drank alcohol and played games. And now they are making fun of a good gamer community for him playing games, but they never spoke about alcohol he drank. Fuck YEAH!

They also gave more examples like Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold and James Holmes.

Trough the centurys people weren't looking at truth of why is a person killed, but they always looked at side things that didn't matter. TV, CINEMA AND OFC OUR DEAR PC.

Now what do you think about this?

I couldn't post a video because i didn't find a youtube video of it, it is all written down in articles:

heres the one

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/17/fox-news-hasselbeck-navy-yard-shooting-shows-need-for-video-game-registry-not-gun-control/

What if It's true and you will all change into mindless killing murderer beasts one day? Think about it. Society has the right to protect themselves from the aggresive ones. D:

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

This reminds me of something.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWlDRbamR5g

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

we gamers aren't violent and if you disagree with me i'll stab you.

in all seriousness its a case of the parents want something to blame other than them being shit parents raising asshole kids. 

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

It's not fox, it's every "news" outlet doing it. Honestly I'm tired of these conversations. We all know the answer so why even discuss it every time someone brings it up?

This is exactly it. Stop feeding these "news" outlets with your outrage. It's a silly debate that has been proven false many times over and we simply need to let it die. If we stop raging about it in forums, they'll stop discussing it on TV. As long as it gets our attention, they'll bring it up over and over again.

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

wpid-videogames-dont-make-kids-violent.j

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

That's not 'oldschool science' that is just plain broken thought.
They are pretty much only looking for a scapegoat. Alcohol wont do because it has too high of a user base. The fact that there might be social issues just sounds too boring, so why not rip on games?

First of all:

People using Fox as a source of actual information, are hopelessly lost anyways. How can one actually take Fox seriously?

2nd:

Ofc they hate gamers. Fox has a big junk of the movie industry which is being put aside by the gaming industry, And it's he bad bad intertubez abuzorz that download their quality movies. LOL.

No seriously. People actually watching Fox to get actual News, should have a visit at their veterinary. They might need to be put down -.-

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Though I'm not exactly sure what this topic is about, I think that video games don't directly cause someone to do violent acts, however I do believe they can make you more aggressive, then it depends on the person whether or not he acts on it. Sure for most people video games are just about having some fun and relaxing, especially for adults, however I think the shit that goes on on COD on XBL is a testament to how video games can change someones behavior (once again: doesn't apply to everyone).

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Too long for you to read? :D

I read it, but my brain just melted, it felt like reading chinese (I don't speak chinese) by the end :D

Yeah like @Samdb said people want something to blame things on.

But my parents are smarter than that, i play "violent" games (battlefield CS:GO etc) and i am far from violent, my dad is trying to be hip and play some CS (he is terrible) but he used to be a gamer and he has a old collectors edition (or something along those lines) of half-life lying around the house.

My initial reaction was

"Who said this? hehe I bet I could kick his ass..."

Which I call provoked violence is it not? 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

the only reason id be violent is becaus of my slightly short temper at HOME ONLY