Should I change my cooling method? *CURRENTLY TESTING DIFFERENCE IN OC TEMPS AND NOICE LEVELS

Hello guys, im here becasue I have a Hyper 212 EVO unused because I replaced it for an H100i GTX.

I wanted to know if it were to be "OK" to change my H100i for the HYPER 212 EvO on my CPU and use the H100i on my GPU for OC.

EDIT* I have an i5 4690k and GTX 970. Temps vary from 30c on idle and 50c on load for the CPU. And 40c idle and 75c on load for the GPU.

Edited by DiegoWithLag
I said my idle temps were 30-50c. Nnonono, I meant the Temps vary within that range. SRY PPL

if your idle temps are 75C on your CPU then you have some serious issues

you should remount your cooler and replace the thermal paste

13 minutes ago, DiegoWithLag said:

30c-50c on CPU and 40c-75c on CPU

Do you have two CPUs or something?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

14 minutes ago, DiegoWithLag said:

Hello guys, im here becasue I ahve a Hyper 212 EVO unused because I replaced it for an H100i GTX.

I wanted to know if it were to be "OK" to change my H100i for the HYPER 212 EvO on my CPU and use the H100i on my GPU for OC.

I have an i5 4690k and GTX 970. idle temps vary from 30c-50c on CPU and 40c-75c on CPU

Probably too much effort to try and water cool your GPU properly that way, you'd also have to make sure the rest of the components on the PCB are getting cooled, which the average water cooler zip tied to the GPU die won't do.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

If you're running into any thermal limits trying to overclock your 970 it might be defective. 

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

if your idle temps are 75C on your CPU then you have some serious issues

you should remount your cooler and replace the thermal paste

Do you have two CPUs or something?

OH SRY, THE SECOND IS GPU LEMME EDIT THAT

3 minutes ago, DiegoWithLag said:

OH SRY, THE SECOND IS GPU LEMME EDIT THAT

your idle temps on both CPU and GPU are way too high

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Probably too much effort to try and water cool your GPU properly that way, you'd also have to make sure the rest of the components on the PCB are getting cooled, which the average water cooler zip tied to the GPU die won't do.

No, i wouldnt dare to do that, with nzxt kraken g10 i would

Just now, DiegoWithLag said:

No, i wouldnt dare to do that, with nzxt kraken g10 i would

the best way to water cool your GPU is to either buy one that's water cooled like this 390X which isn't too bad for the money

or buy a water block and make a custom loop

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

What is the ambient temperature range, i.e. room temperature?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

1 hour ago, brob said:

What is the ambient temperature range, i.e. room temperature?

25c-30c

If you are wondering where I live I live in Mexico :/

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

your idle temps on both CPU and GPU are way too high

Well I live in Mexico and Its very hot in here, normally after several hours of gaming my rooms gets very hot and the idle temps get to 35 even.

How much do you get?

3 minutes ago, DiegoWithLag said:

Well I live in Mexico and Its very hot in here, normally after several hours of gaming my rooms gets very hot and the idle temps get to 35 even.

How much do you get?

35 is normal

50C and 75C is not normal for idle

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

35 is normal

50C and 75C is not normal for idle

SRY, I meant to say that my temps very within that range.

And I also want to point out that my H100i GTX is quite hearable in idle, I have the fans to run at a consatnt 35% rpm (Yes im using the silly included fans...)

Maybe I try and change it and post results in temps and noise levels.

Passive coolers like AIO and towers are unable to cool below ambient. The cpu temps seem quite reasonable. The gpu load temp is a bit high.

I do not believe that the H100i GTX is compatible with either the Corsair HG10 or Nzxt G10. Besides, for either to work the gpu has to use the AMD reference board layout.

You might see if you can improve the flow of cooler air to the gpu fans. If you have a bottom intake on your case, perhaps a fan might help.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

26 minutes ago, brob said:

Passive coolers like AIO and towers are unable to cool below ambient. The cpu temps seem quite reasonable. The gpu load temp is a bit high.

I do not believe that the H100i GTX is compatible with either the Corsair HG10 or Nzxt G10. Besides, for either to work the gpu has to use the AMD reference board layout.

You might see if you can improve the flow of cooler air to the gpu fans. If you have a bottom intake on your case, perhaps a fan might help.

nope, I have an s340, maybe i can try passively cooling my i5 with no fan and just the heatsink and led the strix work :)

GUYS I FOUND OUT WHY MY H100i GTX was so loud.

I had the fans locked at 50% xD