Selling, then building new

Gregrs

Okay, so I'm planning on selling my computer, and building a new one. Reason being, the one I have right now has a lot of extra performance that I don't really need that much. For starters, just a small question, how much should I try to get for this computer?

FX-6300

MSI 970A-G46

8GB Kingston HyperX Black (2x4GB)

XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition

XFX 550w

Corsair 400R

1 TB Seagate Barracuda

Next, I need a computer for about $350/$400. I don't need anything extra, just the computer. I play League of Legends, Minecraft, and Skyrim. I also do a little bit of programming with Visual Studio.

Just keep it, I doubt you're gonna get anything over $400 for it tbh :/ 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Honestly I'd keep that one that you have as now it's used, its value has decreased. Therefore it is now not economical to downscale as you will get less performance with no monetary gain

If I have solved your issue, please mark the thread as solved! Thanks!

Why don't you just keep using this?

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Just now, Sam Z Man said:

You would be hard pressed to ever get something better then that for 400$ to be honest

he thinks his current computer is too powerful and wants to downgrade...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Its a big hastle to do that..Look at the ods.

Pro: You might get a few more bucks and a computer that works fine

Con: You have to wait for someone to buy it and even then you might get scammers or annoying people.

Con: You're probably not gonna get more than $375 for it.

Con: Then you have to find the parts to build new

Con: At least 2 day shipping for each product 

Con: Possibility of defective hardware keeping you from having a computer even longer

Con: Your computer is more future-proof and will last longer than if you downgrade

Keep it lol

CPU Ryzen 5 3600 -  GPU GeForce GTX 1060 3GB - MOTHERBOARD Asus B550 Plus - - HARD DRIVE WD Blue 1TB - MEMORY Corsair 16GB DDR4

I'm not trying to sell it to get something more powerful, I'm selling it because I need the money, but I still would like a computer to play games on. I've seen things that are weaker then my pc go for $500+ on craigslist, and people are actually buying them. So idk really.

it really doesnt make any sense to sell this computer. in the long run you would probably loose money since the current one will last longer. if you add a ssd down the road it will serve you well.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.