How to use Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spyder Steering Wheel on PC

DiegoWithLag

I plugged in my wheel and ran the program and it says no wheel connected don't know why its not working and one more thing does the spider 458 work on Farming sim 22  thanks.

Got it to work mostly the only thing is that it still says not connected even when it's plugged in and the steering doesn't seem to work when I turn right or left the vehicle I'm in starts to reverse,without moving the tires in any way,no clue how to fix it 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, in case anyone wants to use this wheel with Linux, I've modified the xpad driver used for Xbox controllers so that it works with the Thrustmaster 458 Spider wheel.
https://github.com/Capure/xpad

• 2 weeks later...

I JUST CREATED THIS ACCOUNT TO THANK THE CREATOR OF THE CONTROLLER FOR IT! WORKS ON F1 2022!

Ferrari 458 Spider wheel is currently working on regular drivers on Windows 11 F1 2022 EA Version, some of the extra buttons can't be programmed but everything necessary to have a good experience works! quite literally plug and play!
https://github.com/cmumme/XboxWheelCompatibility/releases/tag/v1.2.0

Edited by Asuka97
I wanted to add some tags for people to find it!

Hours and hours of my life gone, none of it works. If anyone’s reading this, just return the wheel if you can, useless without Xbox 

On 1/13/2023 at 9:16 PM, snmoses said:

This is an excellent fix, thank you Chqnces for sharing. I wanted to give some more detail just in case anyone was confused. This method that Chqnces has written is a fix for the "Service "Xbox Wheel Compatibility" (Wheel Compatibility Service) failed to start" error that many, including myself are getting. Here are the steps I took to fix this error. I am using a Windows 10 computer

Step 1: Extract the WheelCompatibilitySetup 1.2.0.msi into another folder. In order to extract this you need to download 7-Zip. Here's the link: https://www.7-zip.org/

Step 2: Once you've extracted all the contents there should be a file called WheelCompatibilityConfigurator.exe. Run this as administrator. You should get an error which asks you to download the .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime (v6.0.13) - Windows Installer. There should be an option to download this right from the error message but just incase the link is here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-desktop-6.0.13-windows-x64-installer?cid=getdotnetcore. The download should start immediately. 

Step 3: Find where the .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime (v6.0.13) - Windows Installer was downloaded to and run it. Mine was called this "windowsdesktop-runtime-6.0.13-win-x64.exe" in my downloads folder. 

Step 4: Once the .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime (v6.0.13) - Windows Installer shows the message "Installation Complete" click the close button. 

Step 5: Then run the WheelCompatibilitySetup 1.2.0.msi again (NOT the exe in the folder you extracted from step 1). Hopefully this works and the installation completes successfully. 

Step 6: Go to this file path "C:\Program Files (x86)\XboxWheelCompatibility" and double click the "WheelCompatibilityConfigurator.exe". You should now see a small window titled "Xbox Wheel Compatibility". I plugged in my wheel and it reads "Wheel connected"

That is all I needed to do to get V1.2.0 to work in my Windows 10 Computer. Tested and works with Assetto Corsa. Again huge thank you to Chqnces for this fix and another huge thank you for the developer for working on this project. This project has truly changed the game for beginner and budget racing on PC. 

I've been trying to get this to work with Assetto Corsa, I've managed to get it working with Need for Speed Heat somehow but whenever I try it on AC and try make a control configuration it doesn't detect it as a device. How did you manage to get it to work?

• 4 weeks later...

Kann mir jemand helfen indem wir in einen discord Call gehen weil bei mir geht ganix verstehe nicht wie das gehen soll kenne mich ei pcs nicht aus! mein discord ist: ekin_dgz#2427

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to execute as an administrator  WheelCompatibilityService, it shall install .NET Desktop thingy, the message doesn't appear. What Shall I do?

• 1 month later...

So i've been having major issues with trying this. Went through all of the fixes to get it installed and running. Shows wheel when I first restart my pc, if it gets unplugged at all, it doesn't see the wheel again. My pc sees the wheel under devices in settings, but I can not for the life of me get it to work in f1 22. I haven't tried any other games ( don't have any others ). I've seen people say it works in f1 22 which is the main reason I even got back out this dumb ol thing. I don't know if i'm dense and missing something somewhere, but it's driving me nuts lol 

On 8/15/2023 at 9:11 PM, aindreyas said:

So i've been having major issues with trying this. Went through all of the fixes to get it installed and running. Shows wheel when I first restart my pc, if it gets unplugged at all, it doesn't see the wheel again. My pc sees the wheel under devices in settings, but I can not for the life of me get it to work in f1 22. I haven't tried any other games ( don't have any others ). I've seen people say it works in f1 22 which is the main reason I even got back out this dumb ol thing. I don't know if i'm dense and missing something somewhere, but it's driving me nuts lol 

same , ive been experiencing this for months

Hey all! I've released an update (v1.2.1) that includes a new installer for the software, and it should be a lot more reliable now. It automatically installs the proper version of .NET 6.0, essentially doing what chqnces fix was doing.

Check it out here.

I hope that addresses the issues you guys have been having, and if not I can't seem to replicate any of them on my system. If somebody wouldn't mind volunteering, I can try to debug on your system through TeamViewer. Thank you!

42 minutes ago, cmumme said:

Hey all! I've released an update (v1.2.1) that includes a new installer for the software, and it should be a lot more reliable now. It automatically installs the proper version of .NET 6.0, essentially doing what chqnces fix was doing.

Check it out here.

I hope that addresses the issues you guys have been having, and if not I can't seem to replicate any of them on my system. If somebody wouldn't mind volunteering, I can try to debug on your system through TeamViewer. Thank you!

seems that if you already have .NET 6.0 the installer fails 

i installed the 1.20 with no issue though 

mine says the driver cannot be installed because another version of it is installed? ive never installed it before image.png.a0b7f512357478404b6b663d437fac32.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2023 at 3:06 PM, cmumme said:

Check it out here.

I would be willing to let you help out I cant seem to get it working.

To my previous message I am sorry, if the program is not working for you everyone has been incredibly helpful in their comments but the only thing that worked for me was upgrading to winver 22h2. So if you have tried every step and cant figure it out check your winver by searching in your windows search bar "winver" and if you are not on 22h2 upgrade and try once more.

• 1 month later...

getting this error, my wheel was connected while installing the drivers still no luck.

Screenshot_1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else have the issue were it will not see the wheel?image.png.cb5031c5db6c512d7f3c8f4dd08cb272.png It's plugged in and the light is on ,but the configurator can't see it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 5:55 PM, PeekabooHereToHelp said:

Hello all,

I have signed up to share and hopefully help other's.

I have got my Ferrari 458 Spider Xbox only wheel working 99% on Windows 10,  game Nascar Heat 5

2 Issues

No Xbox live key

No Force Feedback

Now I'm not 100% sure on what is making it work so I share all I did.

Things I downloaded and have installed still, in order of install I think.

Xbox Wheel Compatibility

Thrustmaster Force Feedback Driver

Microsoft Xbox 360 One Controller for Windows

Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2

I just Deleted Thrustmaster Force Feedback Driver and all still fine.

Now I spend a good couple of hours so here goes

First, you don't need the latest Xbox Wheel Compatibility download

I had the same issue as other's.

Use his second latest download,

now I'm not sure if you have to start Xbox Wheel Compatibility every time you start your computer if so Xbox Wheel Compatibility is not needed because I don't start anything my wheel is good to go on windows load up.

I end up with Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2 open and it wasn't picking up the wheel,

at the some time I also had device manager open and BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!

In the device manager under Xbox Peripherals 

There was Xbox Gaming Device, I right click! Press UPDATE DRIVER and windows told me my Ferrari 458 Spider Xbox wheel was ready.

Hope this help. 

G'day

The Live button is there.... Next to the white circular light below and just to the right of the wheel on the base itself. If you didn't know it was there, it would remain hidden from everyone. I never could understand why they didn't just make the lit-up circle thing that looks exactly like a button....... Into an actual button!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2023 at 1:50 AM, Woody 1996 said:

Does anyone else have the issue were it will not see the wheel?image.png.cb5031c5db6c512d7f3c8f4dd08cb272.png It's plugged in and the light is on ,but the configurator can't see it.

Same issue here

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 4:16 PM, snmoses said:

This is an excellent fix, thank you Chqnces for sharing. I wanted to give some more detail just in case anyone was confused. This method that Chqnces has written is a fix for the "Service "Xbox Wheel Compatibility" (Wheel Compatibility Service) failed to start" error that many, including myself are getting. Here are the steps I took to fix this error. I am using a Windows 10 computer

Step 1: Extract the WheelCompatibilitySetup 1.2.0.msi into another folder. In order to extract this you need to download 7-Zip. Here's the link: https://www.7-zip.org/

Step 2: Once you've extracted all the contents there should be a file called WheelCompatibilityConfigurator.exe. Run this as administrator. You should get an error which asks you to download the .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime (v6.0.13) - Windows Installer. There should be an option to download this right from the error message but just incase the link is here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-desktop-6.0.13-windows-x64-installer?cid=getdotnetcore. The download should start immediately. 

Step 3: Find where the .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime (v6.0.13) - Windows Installer was downloaded to and run it. Mine was called this "windowsdesktop-runtime-6.0.13-win-x64.exe" in my downloads folder. 

Step 4: Once the .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime (v6.0.13) - Windows Installer shows the message "Installation Complete" click the close button. 

Step 5: Then run the WheelCompatibilitySetup 1.2.0.msi again (NOT the exe in the folder you extracted from step 1). Hopefully this works and the installation completes successfully. 

Step 6: Go to this file path "C:\Program Files (x86)\XboxWheelCompatibility" and double click the "WheelCompatibilityConfigurator.exe". You should now see a small window titled "Xbox Wheel Compatibility". I plugged in my wheel and it reads "Wheel connected"

That is all I needed to do to get V1.2.0 to work in my Windows 10 Computer. Tested and works with Assetto Corsa. Again huge thank you to Chqnces for this fix and another huge thank you for the developer for working on this project. This project has truly changed the game for beginner and budget racing on PC. 

How did you get this to work on Assetto Corsa for me it just doesn't work but it says "Wheel Connected" Im not sure what I'm doing wrong

• 2 weeks later...

I've only tried it with NFS Heat so far, however I found downloading and installing the 1.2.1 Xbox one wheel compatibility.exe - https://github.com/cmumme/XboxWheelCompatibility/releases followed by running the 1.2.0 Xbox one wheel compatibility.msi - https://github.com/cmumme/XboxWheelCompatibility/releases/tag/v1.2.0 worked perfectly fine. installing the .exe fixes the .msi not responding problem (Edit: Still works fine even with a full PC restart). Pedals work, option buttons work, no real issues. you should only have to run the programs once and everything should work from there, if any problems do arise afterwards try re running the .msi before loading the game and theoretically that should fix it. again, I've only tried this with NFS Heat so if your running a different game than don't be to surprised if it doesn't work

• 4 weeks later...

hello does not go unfortunately Euro truck simulator2 with Thrustmaster 458 spider steering wheel any ideas possibly? Thank you very much for your reply