How to use Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spyder Steering Wheel on PC

DiegoWithLag
On 6/7/2022 at 10:37 AM, beansssss said:

I'm working on custom drivers right now, but in my testing this driver set almost works, the abxy and Xbox button don't work though. worth a shot if you're desperate.

Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Driver v1.2 for Windows 7 64-bit Download | TechSpot

I would also love to know how this is going!! The driver you posted didn’t work for me at all for some reason 😞 I’m on windows 11 so if that could be causing it unless I’m missing something

• 3 weeks later...

It's amazing how long this thread has been going for. Im in the same situation now. De Microsoft Controller from beanssss doesnt work. Ik keeps giving me an error C: Contact support team 😞 Can you give us an update if this is going to work? Thanks a lot

I'm surprised this doesn't work. I never heard of a game controller that ONLY exists for Xbox One support without being XInput compatible as well.

I can't even get this working properly in Forza Horizon 5, despite being a Microsoft Store game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 11:37 PM, beansssss said:

I'm working on custom drivers right now, but in my testing this driver set almost works, the abxy and Xbox button don't work though. worth a shot if you're desperate.

Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Driver v1.2 for Windows 7 64-bit Download | TechSpot

hows the drivers going? im planning to buy this wheel and if this thing gets real, i will buy it

11 hours ago, droningdonut said:

hows the drivers going? im planning to buy this wheel and if this thing gets real, i will buy it

hey man, ive been trying to get this wheel to work on my pc for like 4 years now and nothing has worked

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, beansssss said:

quick note, I'm only going for steering and pedals, ignoring the buttons for now. also, some things came up but I can continue working on the drivers now, sorry for the delay.

Hey quick question, could you also make the paddle shifters work as well? 

On 7/22/2022 at 11:26 PM, beansssss said:

quick note, I'm only going for steering and pedals, ignoring the buttons for now. also, some things came up but I can continue working on the drivers now, sorry for the delay.

Any chance you're willing to use github or something similar to share your code? I'd like to try helping, if possible. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 5:26 AM, beansssss said:

is there any updates?

On 6/7/2022 at 11:37 AM, beansssss said:

Is this a troll? lol. Just wondering because that link leads to Xbox 360 drivers that were last updated in 2011. So it doesn't seem like they are currently working on this project

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 1:56 PM, beansssss said:

Any updates?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 9:26 PM, beansssss said:

Hello any progress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifaoKZfQpdA

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 10:26 PM, beansssss said:

Progress update?

• 1 month later...

any update??

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there! I've been working on a tool (not quite a driver) that makes the steering, pedals, and buttons work on the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider wheel. I've open sourced it on GitHub, and you can find the latest release here.

To use it, all you have to do is download and install it, then open it up in the start menu whenever you want to use your wheel. Let me know if you find any issues by submitting a GitHub issue on the repository here!

For anybody interested in how exactly it works, here's a quick summary:

1. The software uses the WinRT (specifically Windows.Gaming.Input) API to fetch steering and other input data from the racing wheel (This is the same API that Wheel Tester uses. the reason it seems to work with only some UWP apps is this API is usually only available to UWP apps, unless you use this method. Some UWP apps also just choose not to use this API at all)

2. Once it has fetched all the wheel inputs from the WinRT API, it converts and emulates the wheel inputs as standard gamepad inputs (using the InputInjector API) that can be picked up by any game that supports Xbox One gamepads.

Edited by cmumme
Users have often been downloading the 1.0.0 release, which is outdated and has numerous issues. Hopefully this will help guide people towards the release they should be installing.

On 12/18/2022 at 2:26 PM, cmumme said:

Hey there! I've been working on a tool (not quite a driver) that makes the steering, pedals, and buttons work on the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider wheel. I've open sourced it on GitHub, and you can find the v1.0.0 release here.

To use it, all you have to do is download and install it, then open it up in the start menu whenever you want to use your wheel. Let me know if you find any issues by submitting a GitHub issue on the repository here!

1. The software uses the WinRT (specifically Windows.Gaming.Input) API to fetch steering and other input data from the racing wheel (This is the same API that Wheel Tester uses. the reason it seems to work with only some UWP apps is this API is usually only available to UWP apps, unless you use this method. Some UWP apps also just choose not to use this API at all)

2. Once it has fetched all the wheel inputs from the WinRT API, it converts and emulates the wheel inputs as standard gamepad inputs (using the InputInjector API) that can be picked up by any game that supports Xbox One gamepads.

Thank you for continuing to work on this project!

Unfortunately, this software did not change anything in how my Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider wheel functions. It is still revving the z-axis (which x360ce labels "axis-3"), and the gas pedal seems to move the axis either in the front half or back half, if that is helpful.

The brake pedal appears on x360ce.exe as "axis-1" and doesn't seem to move much when I had it selected as left trigger.

The controller also appears to have 2 extra buttons (button 9 and 10) that aren't lighting up for any button I press.

Thanks again!

On 12/18/2022 at 8:26 PM, cmumme said:

Hey there! I've been working on a tool (not quite a driver) that makes the steering, pedals, and buttons work on the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider wheel. I've open sourced it on GitHub, and you can find the v1.0.0 release here.

i cant thank you enough

1 hour ago, harmongus said:

i cant thank you enough

how did you get it to work? I downloaded the installer and what next? it doesnt seem to register any buttons

1 hour ago, Astegozz said:

how did you get it to work? I downloaded the installer and what next? it doesnt seem to register any buttons

Type into the windows search bar thing in the bottom left of your screen and type in "xbox wheel compatability", open it and if you have your wheel plugged in it should say "wheel connected", it should start working and it is detected as an xbox controller.

On 12/24/2022 at 1:49 AM, Alienfire27 said:

Thank you for continuing to work on this project!

Unfortunately, this software did not change anything in how my Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider wheel functions. It is still revving the z-axis (which x360ce labels "axis-3"), and the gas pedal seems to move the axis either in the front half or back half, if that is helpful.

The brake pedal appears on x360ce.exe as "axis-1" and doesn't seem to move much when I had it selected as left trigger.

The controller also appears to have 2 extra buttons (button 9 and 10) that aren't lighting up for any button I press.

Thanks again!

Hey! Thanks for the report, these issues should be fixed in the latest release here. I didn't realize that I could just map the brake and throttle to the triggers, but now they should be. 🤣

6 hours ago, cmumme said:

Hey! Thanks for the report, these issues should be fixed in the latest release here. I didn't realize that I could just map the brake and throttle to the triggers, but now they should be. 🤣

it doesn't download for me how can i fix this it just says image.png.1ca88df969912900b58b491eaf82f5ec.png

10 hours ago, Foxcheezy said:

it doesn't download for me how can i fix this it just says image.png.1ca88df969912900b58b491eaf82f5ec.png

I have the same issue as this.