How to use Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spyder Steering Wheel on PC

DiegoWithLag

I had this thing lying around from when I had an XB1 back in the day and I want to start playing some racing games, so I want to figure out how to use this wheel on PC and if I need to simply install some drivers, etc. 

Thanks in advance

8 minutes ago, DiegoWithLag said:

I had this thing lying around from when I had an XB1 back in the day and I want to start playing some racing games, so I want to figure out how to use this wheel on PC and if I need to simply install some drivers, etc. 

Thanks in advance

is it the challenge wheel editon or just regular 458 wheel

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

nvm either way the manual says its just plug in play as the drivers are allready on the pc for windows 7  8/8.1 and 10

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 hour ago, Maybach123 said:

nvm either way the manual says its just plug in play as the drivers are allready on the pc for windows 7  8/8.1 and 10

i have it pugged in usb, im in windows 10, but no drivers get downloaded :/

• 2 years later...

For anyone who finds this with the same problem. The Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider only works with the Xbox One and Microsoft Store games. Unfortunately, there appears to be no custom drivers to allow it to function outside of these environments.

So if you've bought this for PC, I hope you like Forza games.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/29/2020 at 3:46 PM, onix20 said:

So after downloading this the pc will recognize the wheel?

Did it work?

• 3 months later...
On 5/24/2020 at 10:16 PM, Filefolder3 said:

Did it work?

YESSSSSSSSS sorry im excited

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 9:59 AM, parker13 said:

YESSSSSSSSS sorry im excited

I have the same wheel and I tried using the drivers but it didn't seem to work is there a step I'm missing i just installed it and ran my game?

10 hours ago, sprout.exe said:

I have the same wheel and I tried using the drivers but it didn't seem to work is there a step I'm missing i just installed it and ran my game?

I'm so sorry I didn't respond. It like kinda works but kinda doesn't? It recognizes it as a steering wheel but it doesn't steer. It also doesn't recognize the peddles. I've kinda given up. My apologies

11 hours ago, parker13 said:

I'm so sorry I didn't respond. It like kinda works but kinda doesn't? It recognizes it as a steering wheel but it doesn't steer. It also doesn't recognize the peddles. I've kinda given up. My apologies

oh so there is no way I could use this thing on my pc. I was really hoping that there would be some homemade drivers or something to force this thing to work. I would try to make them myself but have a very limited code experience and it would be years till I would be able to make something so complex... I guess ill just keep looking.

On 9/24/2020 at 9:26 PM, sprout.exe said:

oh so there is no way I could use this thing on my pc. I was really hoping that there would be some homemade drivers or something to force this thing to work. I would try to make them myself but have a very limited code experience and it would be years till I would be able to make something so complex... I guess ill just keep looking.

Well, it turns out the included drivers do work! Fully drivable.2020-09-26.thumb.png.ae767536c3ce3a502cd0815bb57ef3f9.png

On 9/26/2020 at 2:03 PM, TeakKey7 said:

Well, it turns out the included drivers do work! Fully drivable.2020-09-26.thumb.png.ae767536c3ce3a502cd0815bb57ef3f9.png

How did you get it to work?

or is it because its a Microsoft game

• 3 months later...

Hello there, since I recently bought this wheel for a price I just could not say no to I am kinda dissapointed that even with the driver it doesn´t seem to work as it should. :/

Guess I will just have to sell/ gift it on.

• 6 months later...
On 9/26/2020 at 10:03 PM, TeakKey7 said:

What drivers did you use?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 6:32 PM, OogwaysNoodles said:

What drivers did you use?

None, it's a microsoft game so it works fine anyways 🙂

Are there any other drivers for the 458 spider for pc? I wanna use it on beamng and its hard to sell this steering wheel when I got it from America and then moved to a EU country. Please help

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2021 at 2:19 AM, LackyGaming said:

Are there any other drivers for the 458 spider for pc? I wanna use it on beamng and its hard to sell this steering wheel when I got it from America and then moved to a EU country. Please help

i also bought this wheel for that only,i downloaded the drivers and started beamng and loaded into a map,sadly the wheel turn axis is detected as rt and lt buttons,so if we can change that its gonna be good

• 1 month later...

Button a, b, x, y, dpad, pause, start, and right pedal are correctly recognized while left ledal isnt reconglised at all and the wheel seems to function as the left trigger in right direction but as nothing in left.

Help?

• 3 months later...
On 11/21/2021 at 3:14 AM, dedmetalec said:

Button a, b, x, y, dpad, pause, start, and right pedal are correctly recognized while left ledal isnt reconglised at all and the wheel seems to function as the left trigger in right direction but as nothing in left.

Help?

Yeah I have the same issue. Steering is only recognized as lt/rt and brake pedal doesnt work

• 2 months later...
On 6/7/2022 at 11:37 AM, beansssss said:

I'm working on custom drivers right now, but in my testing this driver set almost works, the abxy and Xbox button don't work though. worth a shot if you're desperate.

Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Driver v1.2 for Windows 7 64-bit Download | TechSpot

When do you thing you will have them done???? when they are done please tell me, Thanks