How to use Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spyder Steering Wheel on PC

DiegoWithLag

Hello all,

I have signed up to share and hopefully help other's.

I have got my Ferrari 458 Spider Xbox only wheel working 99% on Windows 10,  game Nascar Heat 5

2 Issues

No Xbox live key

No Force Feedback

Now I'm not 100% sure on what is making it work so I share all I did.

Things I downloaded and have installed still, in order of install I think.

Xbox Wheel Compatibility

Thrustmaster Force Feedback Driver

Microsoft Xbox 360 One Controller for Windows

Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2

I just Deleted Thrustmaster Force Feedback Driver and all still fine.

Now I spend a good couple of hours so here goes

First, you don't need the latest Xbox Wheel Compatibility download

I had the same issue as other's.

Use his second latest download,

now I'm not sure if you have to start Xbox Wheel Compatibility every time you start your computer if so Xbox Wheel Compatibility is not needed because I don't start anything my wheel is good to go on windows load up.

I end up with Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2 open and it wasn't picking up the wheel,

at the some time I also had device manager open and BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!

In the device manager under Xbox Peripherals 

There was Xbox Gaming Device, I right click! Press UPDATE DRIVER and windows told me my Ferrari 458 Spider Xbox wheel was ready.

Hope this help. 

G'day

I signed up to thank cmumme. The service plug-in works. Not the latest 1.2 version (gives me the same error as other posters above) but one version down (v1.1.1). If you face any issues, try to restart the service in the Windows Services console.

I can legit confirm it works with TeknoParrot (choose Xinput).

v1.2 works fine for me. I didn't install anything extra at all. just the standard windows 11 xbox driver and this program and it works great. Was on the verge of getting a new wheel but kept checking this forum out of desperation and im glad i did. Thank you so much for your work and explanation as to why it only works in certain UWP games.  

1 hour ago, LittleDudeJoey said:

v1.2 works fine for me. I didn't install anything extra at all. just the standard windows 11 xbox driver and this program and it works great. Was on the verge of getting a new wheel but kept checking this forum out of desperation and im glad i did. Thank you so much for your work and explanation as to why it only works in certain UWP games.  

Hi there! i got the same error on windows 11, on another laptop works fine 1.2... Any help? thanks!

error.jpg

stuckon.jpg

I'm trying to use it for America truck driving sim but whenever I play it or anything else it doesn't recognize it... I installed it and nothing else please help.

16 hours ago, mastra said:

Hi there! i got the same error on windows 11, on another laptop works fine 1.2... Any help? thanks!

error.jpg

stuckon.jpg

Have the same problem please get it fixed quick as possible

On 1/7/2023 at 3:26 PM, mastra said:

error.jpg

stuckon.jpg

Temp Solved:

1. Install C++ all in one from: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

2. Install .net runtime  last version from: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet-framework/thank-you/net481-web-installer

I still get an error, vrom C++ library, but is working right now and detect the wheel.

Tested on ETS2 and everything is ok.

Tested on F Horizon 5 and got some non liner effects when move the wheel and is not usable on this game. 

On 1/3/2023 at 7:55 PM, PeekabooHereToHelp said:

Hello all,

I have signed up to share and hopefully help other's.

I have got my Ferrari 458 Spider Xbox only wheel working 99% on Windows 10,  game Nascar Heat 5

2 Issues

No Xbox live key

No Force Feedback

Now I'm not 100% sure on what is making it work so I share all I did.

Things I downloaded and have installed still, in order of install I think.

Xbox Wheel Compatibility

Thrustmaster Force Feedback Driver

Microsoft Xbox 360 One Controller for Windows

Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2

I just Deleted Thrustmaster Force Feedback Driver and all still fine.

Now I spend a good couple of hours so here goes

First, you don't need the latest Xbox Wheel Compatibility download

I had the same issue as other's.

Use his second latest download,

now I'm not sure if you have to start Xbox Wheel Compatibility every time you start your computer if so Xbox Wheel Compatibility is not needed because I don't start anything my wheel is good to go on windows load up.

I end up with Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2 open and it wasn't picking up the wheel,

at the some time I also had device manager open and BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!

In the device manager under Xbox Peripherals 

There was Xbox Gaming Device, I right click! Press UPDATE DRIVER and windows told me my Ferrari 458 Spider Xbox wheel was ready.

Hope this help. 

G'day

Hey bro i did the same thing and after i turned off my pc and then turned it on the next morning it didnt work and i reinstalled the drivers and everything or do i need to start them manually

if someone can tell me how to start drivers like that it would be helpful

This works like a charm! I'm surprised there's still interest on PC support for this wheel and I was surprised to find this today 👀

I have used it in Rigs of Rods and American Truck Simulator so far with no problems.

At first I was getting the WheelCompatibilityService failed to start error, so I manually extracted the .msi folder and ran the "WheelCompatibilityConfigurator.exe" file. It said I was missing a software (I don't remember which one); after taking me to the download location and installing it, I restarted my PC then ran the msi file again and it installed properly. I then ran the "WheelCompatibilityConfigurator.exe" file in the Program Files (x86) location and now it functions.

4 hours ago, Chqnces said:

This works like a charm! I'm surprised there's still interest on PC support for this wheel and I was surprised to find this today 👀

I have used it in Rigs of Rods and American Truck Simulator so far with no problems.

At first I was getting the WheelCompatibilityService failed to start error, so I manually extracted the .msi folder and ran the "WheelCompatibilityConfigurator.exe" file. It said I was missing a software (I don't remember which one); after taking me to the download location and installing it, I restarted my PC then ran the msi file again and it installed properly. I then ran the "WheelCompatibilityConfigurator.exe" file in the Program Files (x86) location and now it functions.

This is an excellent fix, thank you Chqnces for sharing. I wanted to give some more detail just in case anyone was confused. This method that Chqnces has written is a fix for the "Service "Xbox Wheel Compatibility" (Wheel Compatibility Service) failed to start" error that many, including myself are getting. Here are the steps I took to fix this error. I am using a Windows 10 computer

Step 1: Extract the WheelCompatibilitySetup 1.2.0.msi into another folder. In order to extract this you need to download 7-Zip. Here's the link: https://www.7-zip.org/

Step 2: Once you've extracted all the contents there should be a file called WheelCompatibilityConfigurator.exe. Run this as administrator. You should get an error which asks you to download the .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime (v6.0.13) - Windows Installer. There should be an option to download this right from the error message but just incase the link is here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-desktop-6.0.13-windows-x64-installer?cid=getdotnetcore. The download should start immediately. 

Step 3: Find where the .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime (v6.0.13) - Windows Installer was downloaded to and run it. Mine was called this "windowsdesktop-runtime-6.0.13-win-x64.exe" in my downloads folder. 

Step 4: Once the .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime (v6.0.13) - Windows Installer shows the message "Installation Complete" click the close button. 

Step 5: Then run the WheelCompatibilitySetup 1.2.0.msi again (NOT the exe in the folder you extracted from step 1). Hopefully this works and the installation completes successfully. 

Step 6: Go to this file path "C:\Program Files (x86)\XboxWheelCompatibility" and double click the "WheelCompatibilityConfigurator.exe". You should now see a small window titled "Xbox Wheel Compatibility". I plugged in my wheel and it reads "Wheel connected"

That is all I needed to do to get V1.2.0 to work in my Windows 10 Computer. Tested and works with Assetto Corsa. Again huge thank you to Chqnces for this fix and another huge thank you for the developer for working on this project. This project has truly changed the game for beginner and budget racing on PC. 

On 1/13/2023 at 4:16 PM, snmoses said:

This is an excellent fix, thank you Chqnces for sharing. I wanted to give some more detail just in case anyone was confused. This method that Chqnces has written is a fix for the "Service "Xbox Wheel Compatibility" (Wheel Compatibility Service) failed to start" error that many, including myself are getting. Here are the steps I took to fix this error. I am using a Windows 10 computer

Step 1: Extract the WheelCompatibilitySetup 1.2.0.msi into another folder. In order to extract this you need to download 7-Zip. Here's the link: https://www.7-zip.org/

Step 2: Once you've extracted all the contents there should be a file called WheelCompatibilityConfigurator.exe. Run this as administrator. You should get an error which asks you to download the .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime (v6.0.13) - Windows Installer. There should be an option to download this right from the error message but just incase the link is here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-desktop-6.0.13-windows-x64-installer?cid=getdotnetcore. The download should start immediately. 

Step 3: Find where the .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime (v6.0.13) - Windows Installer was downloaded to and run it. Mine was called this "windowsdesktop-runtime-6.0.13-win-x64.exe" in my downloads folder. 

Step 4: Once the .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime (v6.0.13) - Windows Installer shows the message "Installation Complete" click the close button. 

Step 5: Then run the WheelCompatibilitySetup 1.2.0.msi again (NOT the exe in the folder you extracted from step 1). Hopefully this works and the installation completes successfully. 

Step 6: Go to this file path "C:\Program Files (x86)\XboxWheelCompatibility" and double click the "WheelCompatibilityConfigurator.exe". You should now see a small window titled "Xbox Wheel Compatibility". I plugged in my wheel and it reads "Wheel connected"

That is all I needed to do to get V1.2.0 to work in my Windows 10 Computer. Tested and works with Assetto Corsa. Again huge thank you to Chqnces for this fix and another huge thank you for the developer for working on this project. This project has truly changed the game for beginner and budget racing on PC. 

You're welcome and thank you for making this cmumme! 👍

Quick update, Thank you Cmumme

Just using WheelCompatibilitySetup 1.1 and no other programs wheel is working fine, windows 10

Only tip maybe try to update Xbox Gaming Device in Device Manager, this was KEY for me the first time.

• 2 weeks later...

My wheel doesn't get detected (Thrustmaster Ferrari 458). The light by the Xbox button is on but the program says nothing is detected. When I go into device manager it is visible under Xbox Gaming Device. 

On 1/24/2023 at 8:11 AM, dan3ka said:

My wheel doesn't get detected (Thrustmaster Ferrari 458). The light by the Xbox button is on but the program says nothing is detected. When I go into device manager it is visible under Xbox Gaming Device. 

Have you tried to right click on Xbox Gaming Device and updated? If so, go back to my other post.

Seems other people are having luck other ways but my first post is everything I did and it has worked ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

When im done installing nothing happens. No application boots up and I've tried searching for Xbox wheel compatibility in the windows search bar but nothing shows up

• 2 weeks later...

I am unable to install the XboxWheelCompatibility application. Have tried the previous versions and all give the same error. And yes, I have installed the .net desktop runtime, the exact one this pop-up redirects too. but its still shows the same error

err.png

Edit : I have installed the 1.1 version of the software and everything seems to be working except the accelerator

Made this acc just to say thank you for this fix and for the mod developer making this program!

mine works on forza but not ac or fivem or beamng?? i installed it and it says wheel connected?

This is it right here ! Thank you sir !!

14 hours ago, ImThatGuy said:

This is it right here ! Thank you sir !!

did u get it to work on assetto

Just now, nisu said:

did u get it to work on assetto

if so how

I have got the programme working with wheel connected, however i load up F1 22 and not a single button is working in game. Anyone know how this can be resolved?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, 

i have been trying to read all of the messages but I just want to know did anyone manage to get there Thrustmaster 458 detected by steam?
if so can you reply to this message 

thanks all 

• 2 weeks later...