140mm FREE FLOW Fan Recommendation?

completelyrandomname

I am in need for new case fans, particularly 140mm case fans. They need to be free flow fans and not pressure fans. I do not need fancy LED lighting but it would be nice (I'm using case lighting so it's not an issue). One more thing, they MUST be silent fans I cannot stand loud fans. If you need any other information then ask.

Core i5 3330|CM Hyper 212+|ASUS P8B75-M/CSM|XFX 6870|8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1600|Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM|Silverstone Strider Essential 500W|Fractal Design Core 3000

For LED you should get BitFenix Spectre Pros. Noctua A14s and Silverstone air penatrators are also very good. They work just as well with airflow as they are with rads. Also I've heard Gelid are great fans.

For LED you should get BitFenix Spectre Pros. Noctua A14s and Silverstone air penatrators are also very good. They work just as well with airflow as they are with rads. Also I've heard Gelid are great fans.

In no way are BitFenix fans quiet, I have one and it's loud as a jet. I guess I'll look into A14s.. How are Corsair AF 140 Quiets?

Core i5 3330|CM Hyper 212+|ASUS P8B75-M/CSM|XFX 6870|8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1600|Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM|Silverstone Strider Essential 500W|Fractal Design Core 3000

Corsair AF Quiet series are very quiet - and then if you undervolt them - even more so. Good fans... I myself have a bunch of the BitFenix Spectre PRO LED fans, I run mine undervolted as well, and i cannot hear them...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I have had a lot of luck with these Cougar fans.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835553009

They are also in orange.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835553008

I'm very impressed by them, I literally hear nothing from the motor and it does pretty good for case fans and this is with them fed 12v, I haven't tried doing 7v or 5v as they are pretty quiet to me. I'm going to get some Cougar Vortex fans next.

Well noise is subjective, to each their own. I'm probably like a Linus noise freak. What's quieter, AF 140s or Noctuas'?

I am using a Corsair AF-140 Quiet Edition as a rear exhaust and I really like it for that purpose. When undervolted its only a little louder than my Noctua NF-F12s. I'm running it at 60% power from my motherboard which puts it just under 700rpm. If I put my ear right up to the fan hub, there's a low grinding or clicking noise which disappears at about 6 inches away to my ear. Very acceptable for me and certainly not the loudest thing in my case right now.

The shock absorption system is a little different than the other things I've seen out there. The mounting holes themselves are some form of rubber which can make getting them screwed in a bit of a challenge. That said they seem to work well as I'm not getting any vibrations transferred to my case.

I don't really care much for the switchable color rings. I can see how it would be great if you were using all corsair fans, but I am not.

I tried it as an intake, but I don't recommend for that. When pulling air through the hex grill on my case it make a really annoying whining sound. If you find anything that works well as an intake let me know!

As for other options, I haven't tried any of the 140mm Noctua's myself, but if they're anything like the F12's they should be very quiet. Linus seems to be using Gelid Wings on his personal rig, so they must be silent at least at low voltage. I couldn't tell if he was using all 120's or if some of them were 140's though.

The rear fans are 92mm fans unless modded. I think I'll get the Corsair fans.