high static pressure fans

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

yes stacking fans will increase the static pressure by almost double

but you should look into a blower fan instead of a regular computer fan

not gonna put as much effort in this thread as my other threads, because there is *really* no need to.

my issue is fairly simple, i need to have a fan with very high static pressure, thats preferably still as quiet as possible. i dont really care about the actual amount of moved air that much.

the thing i need it for is a mod to my dell ultrasharp thats runs only slightly less hot than a GTX480 without cooling. i made a really sleek air channel to feed air into it, but the 80mm fractal design fan isnt cutting it (it is *almost* good enough...)

i dont really have a set budget, nor a set fan size preference, but since its kinda in the middle of my desk i'd rather not end up with a 200mm fan :P

and as for budget... think price per performance here... it needs to be better static pressure than a fractal 80mm fan, if its a lot better i'm prepared to pay some more for it. i dont mind if its a single fan, multiple fans stacked on top of each other, or a modded aquarium pump.

my current setup is the fractal 80mm fan into a funnel, feeding air into a channel that covers the entire bottom side "mesh" on the monitor.

would a second fan layered on top of the first help with the static pressure?

are there alternatives to pc fans i could look into? (preferably not noisy or expensive :P)

i have considered one of those aquarium bubblemakers, anyone have experience with the pressure on those things?

PS: no, the monitor doesnt "need" cooling, but i've noticed it can handle the crap on my power grid better when it runs cooler. it actually does really good with how the fan was set up, but i couldnt quite live with a mindblowingly expensive monitor having a fan just bodge taped to the bottom.

SP120 for looks, NF-F12 for a little bit extra performance than the SP120s, but not too much difference, only 5-6 degrees

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

yes stacking fans will increase the static pressure by almost double

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, ZillaGames said:

only 5-6 degrees

you really didnt read the thread did you?

Just now, manikyath said:

you really didnt read the thread did you?

I'm talking about general temperatures of any object the fan may be blowing air onto or pulling hot air off of, a regular heatsink would only benefit by that much degrees, and a monitor would probably be a little-to-no difference.

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

hows the static pressure on those? never really used those much, because most of my stuff is dumpster dived :P

also, from the little experience i have with those they always seem on the loud side, which would be a tad off-putting seeing its right in the middle of my desk xD

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

hows the static pressure on those? never really used those much, because most of my stuff is dumpster dived :P

also, from the little experience i have with those they always seem on the loud side, which would be a tad off-putting seeing its right in the middle of my desk xD

blower fans have way more static pressure

you just need to find one thats quiet :) look on amazon or ebay or something

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

blower fans have way more static pressure

you just need to find one thats quiet :) look on amazon or ebay or something

i added more jerry to my rig, and stacking a 50mm fan behind my 80mm fan is already doing significantly better.

(you dont want to see my fan splitter, its worse than the paperclip method)

so, i think that'll be my best bet for now. but jeez are those high rpm 50mm fans loud xD

junked another 80mm fan out my raspberry pi setup (not that that thing needed it xD) and with both at full power i actually feel air pushing out small gaps left and right.

+1 to en-durr-mann :P