8350 or 9590

Go to solution Solved by manikyath,

i'd say get the 8350 with a nice cooler and good motherboard and OC the devil out of it.

for those that are hatting on amd, here's some benchmarks between a stock 4790k and a "stock" fx-9590:

single core

1d36e3e0f4.png

all cores

f0c3e64af7.png

im looking to build a streaming computer, and i was wondering if i should go with the FX8350 or the FX9590? what are the pros and cons between the 2? AND DO NOT TELL ME TO GO WITH INTEL

Kmarchant

FX-8350 if you NEED AMD. But, realistically, there's actually no reason you'd need AMD. Sorry.

The 9590 is literally an overclocked 8350, and the bin is a bit higher to match the frequency. It's actually not much more powerful than the 8350. Both are a waste of money if you ask me, 15 FPS Fallout 4 my ass.

I used to be quite active here.

the fx 9590 is basically an overpriced and overclocked 8350 so in this case the 8350 would be better as it is cheaper and you can put the monies saved from towards that towards a better gpu or something like that

Got an RC? head over to The Rc Thread and tell us about it, or you can just discuss rc in general there as well.

overly obsessed with 2 strokes and RCs

BRAAAAAAPPP

Spoiler

upgrading to:i5 6600k|MSI  z170a SLI Plus|1x8GB HYPERX Black| keeping the rest of my system the same for a few months until i have enough money for a better gpu,psu and an m.2 ssd

Spoiler

my baby:2008 Ktm 125 sx 

Spoiler

current rig:core 2 quad q6600@stock|asus p5q deluxe| 4GB of mix matched ddr2| saphirre r9 270x dual x| hyper212 evo w/ 2 sp120s| corsair cx 500m ikr time bomb| wd blue 1TB| corsair spec- 03|MSX home 64bit|

2 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

FX-8350 if you NEED AMD. But, realistically, there's actually no reason you'd need AMD. Sorry.

The 9590 is literally an overclocked 8350, and the bin is a bit higher to match the frequency. It's actually not much more powerful than the 8350. Both are a waste of money if you ask me, 15 FPS Fallout 4 my ass.

Not everyone can afford an i7-4790k.

2 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

basically what you said to me was go with intel WICH I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO

Kmarchant

1 minute ago, ronstig said:

Not everyone can afford and i7-4790k.

An i5-4460 beats it in most (I mean most!) games and programs. Even in video rendering and editing the cheap i5 wins. The 4460 can be had for around the price of an 8350, and cheap motherboards work fine with it.

You're in Canada, Intel would be cheaper and perform better. Sorry if you're blinded by fanboyism, but there's no point in buying this generation's FX processors anymore.

1 minute ago, ronstig said:

Not everyone can afford an i7-4790k.

so basically buy an 8350 and a good cooler and over clock  it?

Kmarchant

4 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

i can disprove your bullshit with 5 seconds of google. But you're not worth wasting 5 second of my life

1 minute ago, Kobathor said:

An i5-4460 beats it in most (I mean most!) games and programs. Even in video rendering and editing the cheap i5 wins. The 4460 can be had for around the price of an 8350, and cheap motherboards work fine with it.

Yeah I can agree I've used a 9590 for a bit and didn't get the same performance from an equivalently priced i5.

2 minutes ago, Kaleb33497 said:

Is there a specific reason you want to go with AMD?

Just now, SkepticKrab said:

The 9590 is just a better binned and slightly overclocked 8350.

The 8350 has a special offer at the moment though, you get a code for the new Hitman game so 8350 would be my recommendation.

Good luck

alright i think ill go with the 8350!

Kmarchant

4 minutes ago, Kaleb33497 said:

so basically buy an 8350 and a good cooler and over clock  it?

No. Never ever buy an AMD CPU and an H110i or whatever to overclock it. That money is better spent on a faster Intel CPU. 

1 minute ago, mcfly said:

Yeah I can agree I've used a 9590 for a bit and didn't get the same performance from an equivalently priced i5.

Is there a specific reason you want to go with AMD?

ive always used AMD cpus, and it get getting extremely hot, no matter what i did i tryd new thermal paste and a diff cooler but nothing worked

Kmarchant

1 minute ago, kurahk7 said:

No. Never ever buy an AMD CPU and an H110i or whatever to overclock it. That money is better spent on a faster, Intel CPU. 

Especially when an Intel cpu is faster at around the same price, and I am an AMD fanboy btw. I don't think the AMD is cheaper excuse can be used anymore.

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Beware of bottleneck though

And low fps

yeah, but i wont be gaming with this i will be setting it up with a capture card and using to stream while i game from my other pc

Kmarchant

1 minute ago, Kaleb33497 said:

ive always used AMD cpus, and it get getting extremely hot, no matter what i did i tryd new thermal paste and a diff cooler but nothing worked

So you are not willing to try another product because you have no experience with it? -_-

1 minute ago, Kaleb33497 said:

AMDs just run hotter, any cooler is better than the stock one though

Just now, pckid said:

So you are not willing to try another product because you have no experience with it? -_-

THATS NOT WHAT I SAID 

Kmarchant

13 minutes ago, Prysin said:

i can disprove your bullshit with 5 seconds of google. But you're not worth wasting 5 second of my life

If it was so easy to disprove me, you should have! Too bad you let me get to it first.

No idea how to read this, but here anyways: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/test-of-cpu-for-gaming-30-cpus-compared.200132/

2 minutes ago, Kaleb33497 said:

yeah, but i wont be gaming with this i will be setting it up with a capture card and using to stream while i game from my other pc

you could've said that in the first place, then people would reasion with why you dont want intel....

1 minute ago, SkepticKrab said:

AMDs just run hotter, any cooler is better than the stock one though

on that post i messed it up, it was an intel cpu that kept over heating

Kmarchant

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

you could've said that in the first place, then people would reasion with why you dont want intel....

read the original post i said that i would be using it for streaming

Kmarchant