Prices in the Netherlands suck!

I've done a bit of research on comparing US prices to Dutch prices, and I took a Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti Amp! edition

on pcpartpicker it says it's $615,99. Then I look on a Dutch price compare website and it says it's 687,09 which, when translated to dollar is $783,90, which is a huge difference!

I know there is things as import tax (which I hate) and transport costs but still, a difference of $167,91 which is insane! I could buy a good motherboard or cpu for that!

3 minutes ago, Hylkinator said:

I've done a bit of research on comparing US prices to Dutch prices, and I took a Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti Amp! edition

on pcpartpicker it says it's $615,99. Then I look on a Dutch price compare website and it says it's 687,09 which, when translated to dollar is $783,90, which is a huge difference!

I know there is things as import tax (which I hate) and transport costs but still, a difference of $167,91 which is insane! I could buy a good motherboard or cpu for that!

ja.... het zuigt... maar lang niet zo erg als in Azie enzo, als ik de gemiddelde aziaat goed hoor :P 

to game or not to game, that`s the question

Prices in NL suck? Heh. Come over on a trip to Greece and check the prices here. Mostly the same or more expensive, with the small difference of wages being at least 3 times lower ;)

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

You should stop complaining ... have a look at Australia. So a 980ti is around 600USD right? it sells well over 1100AUD which is 843 USD ... 

Magical Pineapples

I'm not trying to complain I'm just trying to point out the massive price differences, it justt so happens that I took The Dutchlands as example, because I live there.

I'm pretty sure most US prices tend to be without VAT. That's an auto 21% increase for us, add to that the actual cost of transport, import taxes, etc. We're getting a great deal really.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

oops, the price for the American GPU i was looking at was a discount on amazon, it's actually $729,99

You think prices in the Netherlands suck? Come to fucking iceland, the cheapest reference cooler 980 ti you can get at any store here costs 150000isk or 1200$ and if you want to get a nice one that doesn't sound like a fucking jet engine it will cost you 160000isk or 1300$. Some of us have it way fucking worse than you do mate. I'm salty as fuck.

Actually i think i beat all of you. ya'll motherfuckers need to stop complaining. Iceland is the pinnacle of awful prices.

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"

4 minutes ago, WhackingCheese said:

You think prices in the Netherlands suck? Come to fucking iceland, the cheapest reference cooler 980 ti you can get at any store here costs 150000isk or 1200$ and if you want to get a nice one that doesn't sound like a fucking jet engine it will cost you 160000isk or 1300$. Some of us have it way fucking worse than you do mate. I'm salty as fuck.

Actually i think i beat all of you. ya'll motherfuckers need to stop complaining. Iceland is the pinnacle of awful prices.

you know what, I live on Mars and when I want a 980Ti I have to pay for the whole spacemission, which comes down to around 4 billion$ so stop complaining. (YES, I won the high price war)

Just now, UnlimitedTMD said:

you know what, I live on Mars and when I want a 980Ti I have to pay for the whole spacemission, which comes down to around 4 billion$ so stop complaining. (YES, I won the high price war)

That's the topest kek of the day mate.

But in all seriousness i die a little inside whenever people complain about prices :'(.

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"

1 minute ago, UnlimitedTMD said:

Oh and don't even think about good shipment speed, it's THE worse

Just now, WhackingCheese said:

That's the topest kek of the day mate.

But in all seriousness i die a little inside whenever people complain about prices :'(.

I understand, get some factories over there mate and make dem babies yourself

Just now, UnlimitedTMD said:

I understand, get some factories over there mate and make dem babies yourself

Haha, this is not place for factories mate. This place is a wasteland populated by 300k people. I might have to poplate this place myself and make those fuckers work, although there are no natural resources here except fish. Child labour? Fuck yeah!?

3 minutes ago, WhackingCheese said:

Haha, this is not place for factories mate. This place is a wasteland populated by 300k people. I might have to poplate this place myself and make those fuckers work, although there are no natural resources here except fish. Child labour? Fuck yeah!?

Child labor is always the answer, it helped for Hitler (for the most part lel).

But in all seriousness, smuggle some if you dare and sell them there :P 

38 minutes ago, Hylkinator said:

Yer lucky you dont have to pay 770€ for a "low-tier" 980ti. Thats the way here in sweden.

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but you dont know why. In this computer, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and i dont know why.

Atleast i can manage Some things, like my current OC personal best.

30 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

You should stop complaining ... have a look at Australia. So a 980ti is around 600USD right? it sells well over 1100AUD which is 843 USD ... 

We have much higher pay overall though. Average wage is like 20k higher than the US and so on.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Try the danish prices man.... 828usd for a zotac 980 ti.

CPU: i7 5820k @3.2           Motherboard: Asrock x99x Killer           CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO           GPU: Asus 280x DirectCU II

Case: NZXT S340            RAM: 8GB Hyperx Fury DDR4 @2133MHz           HDD: Corsair Force LS 120GB           PSU: EVGA GQ 650W 80+GOLD

3 minutes ago, TeeTwo said:

Yer lucky you dont have to pay 770€ for a "low-tier" 980ti. Thats the way here in sweden.

*Dies a little inside*