University of California Irvine anounces an esports Scholarship

DiamondGamer
10 hours ago, DiamondGamer said:

Work on your formatting before the Mods find this! o.O 

----

but back on topic. I wish esports was a thing when I was in college

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

"eSports University:  Where you get to train to be the next League of Legends champion!  Without all the scandals.  Probably more scandals, actually.  You know what?  Take this scholarship and just do drugs all through college so you don't have underground betting rings, at least then only you and your family / friends get screwed over, and not the whole system."

^  That's the trailer for all colleges in the future.

That picture in the middle is a blast from the past for me. Old internet cafe i Used to work at on the UCI campus called Ecyber Deck.

Wonder if Kevin Oh (the owner) Still has all the gundams up in the lobby.

Also wondering why the site is  listing the wrong place for where the photo was taken.

"UCI students in the Student Center's Zot Zone"   is is not the right location.

So... if they opened up to CS:GO... Would my 1337 DMG self be able to finally afford college and prove to my parents I wasn't a waste of a perfectly good, rentable bedroom?

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

15 hours ago, Admiral Naismith said:

So... if they opened up to CS:GO... Would my 1337 DMG self be able to finally afford college and prove to my parents I wasn't a waste of a perfectly good, rentable bedroom?

When you put it that way, I guess so :D