Fiio E10 as main audio source?

joppetie
Go to solution Solved by MayflowerElectronics,

E10 is a combo amp/DAC unit. The e09k is just an amp.

The e09k/e17 dock combo is way to expensive for what it delivers.

Hey, 

After watching Linus' video this morning, I've been wondering whether I should buy it. 

I've been looking around for a better audio DAC/AMP. Internal or external.

I'll be using it with my Sennheiser HD 598's for Music, games and movies.

Would the E10 be a good thing to put up on your desk? Or should I get something else?

Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60

It is an excellent DAC, especially for the money 

But should I get it to put it on my desk on only use that?

Because I'm looking for something that can do that.

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

But should I get it to put it on my desk on only use that?

Because I'm looking for something that can do that.

I don't understand what you mean. Just leave it plugged into your computer? sure

I don't understand what you mean. Just leave it plugged into your computer? sure

Okay, I think I'll get it then. 

There's just one thing that's bothering me:

On Amazon.com it's about $62, but here in the Netherlands it's €89,-, which is the equivalent of $119! It's insane!

And they won't ship to the Netherlands, so I'll probably get it on Amazon.co.uk, where it's 62 pounds. (€74,-)

On Amazon.com it's about $62, but here in the Netherlands it's €89,-, which is the equivalent of $119! It's insane!

And they won't ship to the Netherlands, so I'll probably get it on Amazon.co.uk, where it's 62 pounds. (€74,-)

Welcome to the world of inaccurate conversions and crazy shipping costs. ;)

Does eBay service the Dutch?

Yeah, it is quite pricey at MSRP, but we get good deals over here.  :P

Yeah, it is quite pricey at MSRP, but we get good deals over here.  :P

BAAAAAAAAA  STAAAAAAAAARD!!!!!!   :P

cheapest Fiio e10 on Ebay in Aus is $99 delivered.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I've done like most of you and checked what one of those will cost me if purchased in my home country (Norway). 160$. FML.

Edit: A great shame it doesn't come with a 6.3mm jack. 

Hey, 

After watching Linus' video this morning, I've been wondering whether I should buy it. 

Would the E10 be a good thing to put up on your desk? Or should I get something else?

There are better products available, do some more research in the forum. We also need a budget.

There are better products available, do some more research in the forum. We also need a budget.

Budget is probably $100. It can be stretched if necessary. I'll look into it.

I've done like most of you and checked what one of those will cost me if purchased in my home country (Norway). 160$. FML.

Edit: A great shame it doesn't come with a 6.3mm jack. 

It doesn't. On the front there's one 3.5 mm amplified headphone jack.

My 598's have a 6.3 mm connector. But I thought I'd hook an angled extension cable up, and convert it to 6.3 mm.

Welcome to the world of inaccurate conversions and crazy shipping costs. ;)

Does eBay service the Dutch?

It does, but it's more expensive than Amazon.co.uk

If you want to stretch it, we ship o2's for $140 including shipping.

http://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/standard-objective2-amplifier.html

May I remind you of the ridiculous import duties in The Netherlands on any goods over 22 euros not from the European Union? That would end up costing him at least $180, which is a bit of a huge stretch. (although, this might not make it practical, I can still recommend the product at hand)

Edit: The O2, have no experience with the E10

| Operating Systems: Arch Linux  /  Debian Linux  /  Windows 7 | Audio: Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D + AKG Q701 |

| Display: Samsung Syncmaster P2450H | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Black | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL Brown | Mic: Samson C03U |

| Case: Corsair 600T | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K | GPU: AMD HD7950 | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair TX850M |

It doesn't. On the front there's one 3.5 mm amplified headphone jack.

Wasn't that just what I said, that it was a shame that it didn't have 6.3?

My 598's have a 6.3 mm connector. But I thought I'd hook an angled extension cable up, and convert it to 6.3 mm.

You converted 6.3 to 6.3? 

You're just confusing me :P

Hey, 

OK looking at the FiiO website I checked the where to by it and there's an official seller of the FiiO gear in the Netherlands

http://hdphns.com/nl/fiio-e10.html

This also gives you free Shipping too.

am using Chrome to translate it but seems what you what at the price you be paying at via Amazon.co.uk.

Cry Havoc!

OK looking at the FiiO website I checked the where to by it and there's an official seller of the FiiO gear in the Netherlands

http://hdphns.com/nl/fiio-e10.html

This also gives you free Shipping too.

am using Chrome to translate it but seems what you what at the price you be paying at via Amazon.co.uk.

Yeah, I saw that website too, but it's €89,- there, which is about 75 GBP. So it's far more expensive than on Amazon.co.uk

I know the name sounds silly, but for the price I highly recommend what my friends and I call the "Schiit Stack." A Schiit modi DAC and a Schiit Magni amp. It's really good for the money you put down.

I know the name sounds silly, but for the price I highly recommend what my friends and I call the "Schiit Stack." A Schiit modi DAC and a Schiit Magni amp. It's really good for the money you put down.

Schiit is a terrible company. The shit stack is roughly $200 before shipping, which puts it in the price range of the o2/ODAC.

The design of those amplifiers is equivalent to something of a lower end sound card, so I would stay far away from them.

Schiit is a terrible company. The shit stack is roughly $200 before shipping, which puts it in the price range of the o2/ODAC.

The design of those amplifiers is equivalent to something of a lower end sound card, so I would stay far away from them.

o2/ODAC is about 300 bucks after shipping where as my Schiit was only 190 dollarydoos. I wouldn't call that the same price range.

Meh, just a fancy looking low end DAC and an overpriced CMOY with too much gain.

Meh, just a fancy looking low end DAC and an overpriced CMOY with too much gain.

Couldn't be said better. My first CMOY I ever built looks better build than that  :rolleyes:

I built a cmoy using an LM 082, it didn't sound bad at all, I built it to drive headphones on stage for a drummer. Did the job very well. However I wouldn't charge $100 bucks for it, but it would certainly be worth at least $25 I reckon.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.