need help on my motherboard and cpu

i want to ask your opinion on upgrading my pc for gameing i have MSI Military class II H67MA-E45 mainboard,,intel core i5 2400 3.10Ghz Socket LGA1155 Processor.

and now i want to upgrade them to a batter for only gaming.....

b4 i buy this upgrade i need same opinion....

http://www.lelong.com.my/msi-motherboard-intel-socket1151-b150m-night-elf-castleit-K2401756-2007-01-Sale-I.htm -

MSi Motherboard INTEL Socket1151 B150M NIGHT ELF

http://www.11street.my/productdetail/intel-core-i5-6500-skylake-processor-lga1151-3-1609916 - 

Intel Core™ i5-6500 Skylake Processor - LGA1151 / 3.2GHz / 6MB 

1. so this motherboard support overcloking?

2. this i5 6500 skylake do i need to do the overclocking manualy or its just start overclocking automatically by it self and i dont have to do anything?

3. i5 6500 box it said (unlocked) what that ment?

sorry,,,im a noob trying to upgrade old pc to be good coz i have gold to buy lol gold hahahh....ok so please i need same help....any youtube video will help...i try to find same in youtube but no luck what im looking for..thanks and by the way im from malaysia....

No, both the motherboard and CPU do not support overclocking. You'll need a K-series CPU, a Z170 motherboard and a decent aftermarket cooler to do so.

The word 'unlocked' usually means an overclockable CPU so I found it strange for it to be featured on the i5 6500's box when it's a 'locked' CPU.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2 minutes ago, eddy22m said:

http://www.11street.my/productdetail/processor-intel-s1151-core-i5-6500-3-2ghz-15477406

this is i5 6500 without the (unlocked) on the box....

you said strange and y is that?

is ther not a unlocked cpu for that model?

like never ever?

well its in malaysia so its wiead or the seller is trolling me?

As far as I know, there is no such thing as an unlocked i5 6500. There is, however, the i5 6600K which is 'unlocked'.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

so if i do buy an overclocking mobo and cpu,,,than did it automatically by it self and i dont have to do anything?

or do i need to do all the settings on the bios?and the system?

if i do buy the locked cpu,,can i overclocking it any way by my self? i see same youtube do the non K CPU overclocking but thay said its on you own risk right?

is that possible?

41 minutes ago, eddy22m said:

so if i do buy an overclocking mobo and cpu,,,than did it automatically by it self and i dont have to do anything?

or do i need to do all the settings on the bios?and the system?

if i do buy the locked cpu,,can i overclocking it any way by my self? i see same youtube do the non K CPU overclocking but thay said its on you own risk right?

is that possible?

While there are some motherboards that automatically overclock, it's much better to do it yourself - you can get a way better overclock.

What I'm assuming they're talking about is BCLK overclocking. It's easily doable but you'll need a Z170 motherboard with the right BIOS to do so. Assuming Intel haven't locked it yet.

Spoiler