What Fans should I use?

SpeakerForTheDead

I'm currently trying to build myself my first gaming pc, and I've found a case that I really want and I was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions for what fans I should use inside it. 

The case I plan on using is the Cool Master Storm Scout 2

Recently purchased Be Quiet Pure Wings 2. There some solid fans. It was 12 bucks CAD. They're black, cheap and build quality feels nice. Id recommend them

2 minutes ago, SpeakerForTheDead said:

I'm currently trying to build myself my first gaming pc, and I've found a case that I really want and I was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions for what fans I should use inside it. 

Ok, to provide more context.

Noctua are best in class fans. Great build quality, nearly silent opperation, probably the best fans you can buy...although they are expensive and the standard line comes in a color scheme that you may or may not be ok with (tan and brown). The redux line (older models) come in other colors like black and grey. These fans are not flashy when it comes to LEDs or color matching but they outclass nearly everything when it comes to sound and performance.

Other options in nearly the same class include the BeQuiet! Silent Wings series of fans. 

When it comes to fan choose and placement in your case the general rule is your intake fans should have a filter to prevent dust from being sucked into the case. You should also have more filtered intake fans than exhaust fans (creating positive pressure) to help minimize dust. The extra pressure will press air out of any cracks. If you were to reverse the situation and have more exhaust than intake you would be pulling in air through all those cracks and that air would not be filtered...resulting in more dust in your case over time.

In my case I have 3 x 140mm filtered intake fans set to run at low rpm. One fan on my cpu cooler. And one 140 mm exhaust fan to help vent the case. All are noctua and when not under load I can hardly hear them. When under load and everything is running at full speed I can hear them but it isn't so much noisy as it is the sound of air moving. 

For more information about fan design in your case and information take a look at the videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=linus+tech+tips+fans

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

I have black noctuas and cougars, I really like the cougars and would recommend them again and again.    Seems to be quieter than noctua and I didn't see any temperature differences when switching.

15 hours ago, SpeakerForTheDead said:

check this video out... it's a good starting point in deciding what fans you should look out for and for what purpose... the rest is just shopping around for what you like. generally you won't see too much of a major difference in terms of performance from fans within the same rpm range. RPM = how fast the fan blades spin which in turn will determine how much air is being moved around. The blade design for example will have an impact on performance. Thicker and fewer blades will be optimized for pressure. These should be used for radiators. Thinner and more blades will be optimized for air flow and should be used for your case to cool things like your GPU. Low RPM fans will be quieter if noise is a factor for you. Higher RPM fans will cool better, however, the noise increase will range noticeable to very loud depending on the fan. Noise level is an issue for me. For that reason I gravitate toward fans around the 20-25 dBA range and usually around 1200 rpm. At that range you will hear the fan, but it will be comfortable enough that you will hardly notice it. 

On 3/29/2016 at 7:21 PM, SpeakerForTheDead said:

you may also want to check out coolingtechnique on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoS5JlAslu0xvKRkxMO3Bkg lots of fans on there and test results. Plus you can get an accurate sense of the noise level too.