Upgrading a ASUS S551 vivobook wifi card

dranzer

Hi everyone, 

I've been lurking the forums for a while now and was wondering if anyone would have any recommendations for upgrading my laptops wifi card. I'm looking at the

Intel Network 7260

But I have heard of mixed reviews and was wondering if anyone had a better recommendation. I'd prefer something with both 2.4/5 ghz and 802.11 AC 

my school has a deployment of around 400 HP laptops with 7260s, they are decently solid. 

be careful about them though, since your laptop may not boot with the card in.

idk

Not sure if i've got a whtielist in my bios so i will have too look into that. How stable is the connection on the 7260s? They appear to be the only card i can easily find on canada computers or ncix

4 minutes ago, dranzer said:

Hi everyone, 

I've been lurking the forums for a while now and was wondering if anyone would have any recommendations for upgrading my laptops wifi card. I'm looking at the

Intel Network 7260

But I have heard of mixed reviews and was wondering if anyone had a better recommendation. I'd prefer something with both 2.4/5 ghz and 802.11 AC 

It'll theoretically work in any laptop that supports cards of that height. I have that very card (the one with bluetooth) that I bought aftermarket for my Lenovo S210 and it worked without a hitch on Windows 8.1. As long as your BIOS doesn't block the installation of such cards then you should be fine.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, dranzer said:

Not sure if i've got a whtielist in my bios so i will have too look into that. How stable is the connection on the 7260s? They appear to be the only card i can easily find on canada computers or ncix

Mine is perfect. No complaints whatsoever.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, dranzer said:

I can get 88% connection through a solid wall (my house has thick walls), something my phone nor tablet can do.

idk

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

It'll theoretically work in any laptop that supports cards of that height. I have that very card (the one with bluetooth) that I bought aftermarket for my Lenovo S210 and it worked without a hitch on Windows 8.1. As long as your BIOS doesn't block the installation of such cards then you should be fine.

Do you notice anything odd like dropped connections? I'm on windows 10 with that laptop (not many issues yet) , apparently there is a newer model of the card on intels site. the 8260? 

2 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Mine is perfect. No complaints whatsoever.

sweet I may look into this. My zenfone 2 is amazing but I do believe my laptop does need that upgrade lol xD