Should I wait for Pascal GPUS?

So, I'm going to build my first PC and I've been doing a lot of research and I've been left with one question:

Whether or not I should wait for Pascal. Keep in mind I haven't bought any part of the PC, and I was planning to buy it on the 13th of June 2016. I know there are rumours saying that Pascal is coming out in May/June, but imagining that the cards haven't released by that time, should I wait? This is the build I plan on making: https://es.pcpartpicker.com/user/SharpShooterPOR/saved/#view=hB6G3C

I don't want to buy my first PC and then 1 month later figure out that I could have gotten a better GPU. Do you think they'll make a 400€ gpu that matches the 970?

2 minutes ago, SharpShooterPOR said:

So, I'm going to build my first PC and I've been doing a lot of research and I've been left with one question:

Whether or not I should wait for Pascal. Keep in mind I haven't bought any part of the PC, and I was planning to buy it on the 13th of June 2016. I know there are rumours saying that Pascal is coming out in May/June, but imagining that the cards haven't released by that time, should I wait? This is the build I plan on making: https://es.pcpartpicker.com/user/SharpShooterPOR/saved/#view=hB6G3C

I don't want to buy my first PC and then 1 month later figure out that I could have gotten a better GPU. Do you think they'll make a 400€ gpu that matches the 970?

R9 380 matches it already but if you can wait, it might be worth it to either save money or get better performance.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

I'll say what I say to everyone.

If you are going to wait for the next generation, the latest and greatest. Then you might as well wait forever. As there will always be another, better card waiting on the horizon.

yes the next version of GPUs will be the same price and perform better...

what else would you expect? less performance and higher price? lol

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I think that it is possible they can make a 400 Euro GPU that matches the 980 Ti, like the 970 did the 780 Ti.

I am waiting for a GTX 1080, but I do have two GTX 660s and can play most of my games at 1080p 60 or 144FPS, even some at 4K like Tomb Raider 2013.  You need to determine if that month of not having a new PC is worth it.  You might benefit from just buying everything except the GPU, I don't see much in CPUs coming as soon as Pascal.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

If you are going to use VR wait else just buy it now.

23 minutes ago, SharpShooterPOR said:

If you researched, you should have found this particular question has been asked thousands of times and the answers are always mixed.